Friday, October 11, 2013

Malachi 3:13-20, Psalm 1:1-4 & 6, Luke 11:5-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Malachi 3:13-20, Psalm 1:1-4 & 6, Luke 11:5-13


Malachi 3:13-20

My Beloved, these verses are a fair description of our world today.  The wicked seem to flourish like grass while the good and the innocent suffer.  The wicked sin with impunity.  They are wealthy and powerful and they crush and grind the weak under the heel of injustice while the poor whimper and moan and accept their lot as a burden from which their only release is death.  Yet we know that You are a God of justice and the sighs of the poor reach Your ears even if that sigh is without sound.  

Those who love You and belong to You have no need to fear.  You are their light, their lamp and their shade from the scorching heat of the noon-day sun.  The day of judgment will most surely come, for You will not be mocked but those who belong to You need fear nothing will be triumphant and victorious in You.


Psalm 1:1-4 & 6


My Beloved, You know Your own and Your own know You.  We recognize the sound of Your voice.  We hear it and are glad.  We will follow wherever You may lead.  Your Word is a light to our feet and it brings joy to our hearts.


Your Word is perfect Your law of love gives life.  Those who have accepted You as Lord and God will be planted beside streams of living water.  You will refresh us and we will bear fruit in season and out of season for the glory of Your Name.


Luke 11:5-13


You are God my Beloved and You tell me today in no uncertain terms that if I ask, seek and know with faith, hope and confidence, all I desire will be granted to me. This is Your assurance to me today.  But how much do I want what You desire to give me?  How hungry am I for the Bread with which You desire to fill my mouth? How thirsty for the honey whose sweetness You desire me to taste?  How deep is my yearning for the gift of Your Holy Spirit to make His home in me?


If I am shallow in asking, indifferent in seeking and desultory in my finding I will never know the riches of the banquet that my God desires me to feast on.

My Beloved, give me an undying hunger  thirst and longing for all that You wish to pour upon me and fill me full, shaken together and running over for You are a gracious God.

No comments:

Post a Comment