Thursday, September 26, 2013

Haggai 1:1-8, Psalm 149:1-6 & 9, Luke 9:7-9

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

Haggai 1:1-8, Psalm 149:1-6 & 9, Luke 9:7-9


I LOVE BECAUSE MY GOD LOVED ME FIRST
Haggai 1:1-8

My Beloved, as long as we lead selfish lives, concerned only about our physical and material well being and spare not a thought for our spiritual well being nothing we do will bear fruit.  The more we possess the less satisfaction and real joy will it bring us.  The more we pamper and pander our flesh, the emptier our lives will be. 

My body must be a temple where the Holy Spirit dwells, I must live and move and have my being in You who are my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer. I must make  my heart a fit dwelling place for Your Holy Spirit.  Help me to strive constantly with Your help, to live a holy life pleasing both to God and neighbor.
Psalm 149:1-6 & 9

My Beloved, You delight in Your people and You are our Delight.  Thank You for saving us, redeeming us and for ensuring we have a place with You in eternity.  Heaven rejoices and all those who have gone before us, who have won the victory through Your saving Blood exult, exalt and praise You night and day.  We are the people of God whom You have blessed, sanctified and robed in garments of white.  You call us friends, brothers and sisters.  For all You have done for us Lord we rejoice.  Death is vanquished by the power of the Living Word and God is gloriously triumphant.

Luke 9:7-9

My Beloved, we too must contemplate, meditate and discern for ourselves who You are.  We must be familiar with all You have done for us from the beginning of creation.  The more time we spend immersed in You and Your Word, the greater will be the clarity and conviction we receive from the Holy Spirit about who You truly are.

Your Word and Your works speak for themselves revealing to us that You are the Christ the Son of the Living God, incarnate of the Virgin Mary through the power of the Holy Spirit,.  You became Man, for our sakes You were crucified, died, was buried and Your rose again as foretold by Scripture and now You reign in glory at the Father's right hand.  Some day You will return to judge the living and the dead and You will take us to live with You forever and ever in the Kingdom of God.

Like Herod many get it wrong, but those who live in the bosom of Holy Mother Church where the fullness of Truth and Grace dwells, know the Truth. We taste it in every worthy reception of the Holy Eucharist and You my Beloved are Finer than the finest wheat and Sweeter than the sweetest honey.

My Lord and my God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment