Monday, July 22, 2013

Song of Songs 3:1-4b, Psalm 63:2-9, John 20:1-12, 11-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Song of Songs 3:1-4b, Psalm 63:2-9, John 20:1-12, 11-18

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


I FOUND THE LOVE OF MY HEART I HELD HIM AND WOULD NOT LET HIM GO 

Song of Songs 3:1-4b

Verse 3,  4


“Have you seen the love of my heart?”

As soon as I left them,
I found the love of my heart.

I held him and would not let him go


I have found You my Beloved, the Love of my heart and I shall not let You go.  Cling to me as I cling to You lest I should sin and separate myself from You.  Separation from You is death.  Do not let me die Beloved.  I desire to live for You and if I must die want to die of love for You.

Psalm 63:2-9

My Beloved, my Lord and my God You are my heart's desire and delight, my soul thirsts for You my heart pines for You.  I kneel before You in Your sanctuary and I behold You hidden in the Sacred Host - we are Face to face.  I see Your Beauty with the eyes of faith. You fill my mouth with the sweetest praise and my heart is overwhelmed with the joy of knowing You, loving You and tasting Your goodness and mercy.

Your holy and most precious and beloved Name is the last on my lips as I close my eyes at night, it is the first when I awake, through the night my heart and my soul unite and my pulse throbs in rhythm with my heartbeat to the sweet music of Your Name all through the night. In the daylight hours  You walk with me and I with You.  No harm can come to me, the enemy dare not approach.  I cling to You Beloved and You let me for You love me and You know if You let me go I would not be strong enough to make it on my own.

I am Your poor little nothing who would die without Your help and strength. Too weak even to love if Your Spirit did not help me and heaven did not intercede for me.

John 20:1-12, 11-18

Love will always find Love, as Mary Magdalene found out to her joy.  The others left after they saw the empty tomb.  Not Mary, she stayed there, bereft, weeping, mourning the loss of Love.  But Love never dies and constancy in love is rewarded by a vision of angels and then with the appearance of ETERNAL LOVE HIMSELF.  "Woman, why are you weeping?" 

My Beloved, having encountered You we are not to cling to You selfishly but we are to go out and tell the Good News to the world and the beauty of it is that we are not alone, Your very own Spirit lives, moves, animates and has His Being in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment