Monday, March 11, 2013

Isaiah 65:17-21, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-12a & 13b, John 4:43-54


23rd Day in Lent
Believe in Me! Hope in Me! Trust Me! Walk in My way for My way is the way of that leads from death to life - death to self.  Live for Me alone.  Let My love for you overwhelm you and kindle a response. Serve Me by serving others. Remain always in My love.

Jeremiah 7:23
Listen to my voice and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in the way I command you and all will be well with you.
****************************************

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Isaiah 65:17-21, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-12a & 13b, John 4:43-54


Isaiah 65:17-21

My Beloved, I would like to claim each of these promises for the Church You founded.  We now stand on the threshold of something new.  May this new age be a time of grace, great spiritual growth and rejoicing in Your Church.  May her garments of shame be removed and may she be robed instead in the garments of purity, goodness and humility.  Fill her with Your love and with every good thing so that she may grow radiant in Your sight and may all her enemies be silenced forever. 

Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-12a & 13b

I will rejoice in Your perfect goodness and Your great love for me.  You have picked me up, You rescued me, You washed and restored me. No longer will I be a thing of shame. Those who look at me will know that You are my Protector and my Deliverer.

Although I deserved Your anger and Your terrible and just punishment, You did  not treat me as I deserved.  Instead You have been exceedingly tender and compassionate. 

I have wept in the night but now in the light of dawn is here and You have wiped away my tears.  Thank You Lord for all You have done for me.  You have turned my mourning into dancing time and time again You have filled my mouth with sweet honey.  You have robed me in garments of joy. My life I will live in thanksgiving to You. Help me to be pleasing to You always.

John 4:43-54 

The people in the Samaritan town invited You to stay with them and You did.  They were considered outcasts by the Jews but this did not deter You. The people from Your hometown rejected You but not these people and neither did the people of Galilee.  They all welcomed You because they had all seen what You had done.  

What about us Lord?  How many signs and wonders do we tell ourselves we must before we believe?  Our life is full of miracles big and small but we fail to recognize Your loving hand in each of them.  You have said blessed are those who have not seen but believe.  Bless us Lord for we do believe.

Bring back to life those members of our family who are spiritually dead.  Command O Lord that they may live and restore them O Lord in order that believing, they and their household may be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment