Thursday, March 28, 2013

Ezekiel 12:1-8, 11-14, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18, John 13:1-15

Maundy Thursday
38th Day in Lent

Lean against My heart and let My love fill you and strengthen your will.  Offer Me your contrite heart and let Me give you a willing and submissive spirit.  Walk in the shadow of My love and you will be preserved from evil and the lure of Satan and his cohorts.  Stay with Me, cling to Me.  I know My own, I know you - you are Mine

Numbers 12:8
To him I speak face to face,

openly, and not in riddles,

and he sees the presence of Yahweh. 
===================================================== 
 Ezekiel 12:1-8, 11-14, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18, 
John 13:1-15

 http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


 Ezekiel 12:1-8, 11-14

Verse 5
You will select a perfect lamb without blemish, a male born during the present year, taken from the sheep or goats. 

The fire of suffering, the Bread of Life and the bitter herbs of rejection.  The Blood of the Lamb seals me in His Covenant of Love made with me when I was baptized.  Evil and death will pass over me for God now owns me.  I am His possession.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

This is My Body broken for you. This cup is the New Covenant sealed in the Blood of the Lamb without blemish, the Firstborn, Male - perfect in every way since You are God and the Son of God. 

It is by Your Passion, Death and Your glorious Resurrection we are saved, by Your Body and Blood we are strengthened and preserved from the death that destroys eternally.

Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18

The Blood of the Lamb is the cup of salvation - the Name of the Lord has the power to save.  No greater love than the love of my God for sinners.

You have vanquished death and those who believe are saved.  You offered Yourself as a pleasing sacrifice to the Father and by Your wounds we are healed. You fulfilled God's plan in its entirety and now You are seated at His right hand.  One day You will come in glory to claim all who belong to You. MARANATHA LORD JESUS!!!!

John 13:1-15
The hour has come Lord, it is finally upon us.  It may seem that evil has overcome the world and swallowed up every shred of sanity as it devours truth and light, hope and joy, peace and goodness.  The world seems cold, sterile, indifferent to the True, Good, Wise and Beautiful. Satan thought he had won but he did not know his Adversary nor could he perceive to what lengths God was prepared to go to save His wayward and fallen children. Today, tomorrow and the day after we will receive a panoramic view of God's awesome love made visible in the greatest act of love and perfect sacrifice that restored once more to God His creatures and His creation.  Death lost!
 
Help me to enter fully into the mystery of the TRIDUUM and experience and understand to the fullest extent possible to my finite mind the price that was paid for me.  Let me stand close to Mama Mary during the next three days and be immersed in the mystery of God's perfect and loving sacrifice that gives me eternal life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment