Sunday, February 3, 2013

Jeremiah 1:4-5, 17-19, 1 Corinthians 12:31--13:13, Psalm 1-6, 15-17, Luke 4:21-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jeremiah 1:4-5, 17-19, 1 Corinthians 12:31--13:13, Psalm 1-6, 15-17, Luke 4:21-30


 Jeremiah 1:4-5, 17-19

My Beloved, You have always known me.  Long before I was born from my mother's womb I was conceived in Your mind in eternity.  Thank You for the plan You have for my life.  Keep me faithful and in the end take me home to dwell with You forever.

1 Corinthians 12:31--13:13

My Beloved love is the most precious of all gifts.  Love and God and love of neighbour.  All that I know must be love and all that I do must be love.  I must image You who are the perfect reflection of the God of Love who created and conceived me in love. Help me my Lord to think like You always.  A life of service prompted by love is the only kind of life worth living.

Psalm 1-6, 15-17

My Beloved, keep me close to You always.  I am weak Lord and without You looking out for me all the time, I am afraid I could fall by the wayside.  Stay with me Lord.  You have delivered me from the snares of the evil now Lord keep me as the apple of Your eye.  Help me not to wander from Your side.  May i never be afraid to tell of all You have done for me, ow You rescued me and saved me.  I receive Your strength at Every Eucharist.  You are the source of all grace and the reason for my joy.  I love You.

Luke 4:21-30

My Beloved, the God of Love, Your Father, sent You into the world to be the means by which we are all saved.  the people of Nazareth rejected You because they thought they knew You and they heard You making extraordinary claims about Yourself that simple could not be reconciled with what they thought they knew of You.  They watched  You grow from a child to a Man and because they knew Your parents and relatives, they though they could reduce You to the measure of their own limited understanding.  We are called to love with the love of God and to do so with the simplicity of a child.

Often Lord we do exactly what the people in Nazareth did, we look askance at those who are chosen to lead us and teach us  because we believe we know them and we refuse to recognize their potential, their talents and their mission.  We can also be vindictive in our envy of those who are called in a special way and are blessed accordingly.  Unlike You we wish to exclude those whom we consider to be outsiders but You came for all and You include everyone and invited all into the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment