Friday, July 6, 2012

Amos 8:4-6, 9-12, Psalm 119:2,10,30,40,131, Matthew 9:9-13

Daily Holy Mass Readings & Reflection: 
Amos 8:4-6, 9-12
Psalm 119:2,10,30,40,131
Matthew 9:9-13
Amos 8:4-6, 9-12

My Beloved everything that Amos speaks of strikes terror in my heart because all the evils that occurred in his time continue to this day.  Where will we hide when the righteous anger of the Almighty strikes us?  Where shall we run?  In whom shall we find refuge?  When nation rises against nation and brother and sister against each other to whom shall we go?  The Word says that we will long to hear the Word God, we will stagger from sea to sea to hear it but we will not find It.  Have these calamities already taken place Beloved and are we to expect the hand of God raised against us too as in past times?  The blood of  innocent babies aborted, the weak overpowered by the strong, the ignorant and the destitute crushed under the heel of the wealthy.  All these cry out like Abel for vengeance my Beloved and if God is sensitive to their sighs what about their crying, weeping, wailing and moaning, will He not hasten to help them? Abba Father, for the sake of Jesus, hear the prayers of Your faithful and may peace, wisdom and above all love descend on us, renew us and help us to live Godly lives.  Amen.


My Beloved, I have always longed to be counted among those of whom You have said, "Blessed are they who have not seen and yet believe."  Each time I read this verse or hear it I say, "Yes, Lord, count me among these for although I too have not seen I believe."

In verse 2 of this psalm You say, "Blessed are they who treasure his word and seek him with all their heart."  And here again I ask You to count me among the blessed for I treasure Your Word and I seek You my Beloved with all my heart all day, all night and always.

Everything I have been praying for Lord and the way I have been praying are all mentioned here in these verses.  It seems as if the Psalmist looked beyond his time into mine and heard the longing of my heart and prayed them with me in this psalm.  Hear Lord and answer.  Draw me into Your self and lose me in You.


Beloved, You saw Matthew before he say You.  You read his heart, You knew there was good in him, You also knew that all he needed was someone who would believe in him and he would gladly leave his sinful ways behind.  

Like the Pharisees who were grumbling that You associated with tax collectors and sinners, we often only look superficially at others and bear down on them like a ton of bricks.   By our faultfinding and criticism we probably destroy any hope the person may have had.  Wherever You are Lord the needy are drawn to You for You are our hope and our slavation.  You came for me and because You did, I now have undying hope in You and I can do all things because You came to heal and save me and all like me as well.  Thank You.



No comments:

Post a Comment