Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Acts 7:51-8:1, Psalm 31:3-4, 6, 8, 17, 21, John 6:30-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  Acts 7:51-8:1, Psalm 31:3-4, 6, 8, 17, 21, 
                                                                  John 6:30-35


 Acts 7:51-8:1

Beloved, sometimes it is hard to grasp the viciousness with which Your followers are attacked and hated.  Is it because all that You taught us of God and all that You revealed of Him in Yourself and through Your Holy Spirit makes it impossible for sinners to feel at ease and complacent before You?  Christianity makes impossible claims to those who do not believe and this stirs up such a great fury in bigots and fanatics that the only way they can sate their bloodthirsty passion is to kill, maim and destroy.  You stir the conscience of men and this is the reason that You and Yours are hated with fury.  Amazingly, the innocent blood they spill only serves to raise up new Christians like Paul.  What a contradiction!  The more Christians are killed and silenced the greater the conversions to Christ!

Psalm 31:3-4, 6, 8, 17, 21

3 Give heed to my plea, and make haste to rescue me.
Be a rock of refuge for me, a fortress for my safety.
4 For you are my rock and my stronghold, lead me for your name’s sake;
6 Into your hands I commend my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.
8 I will rejoice and be glad in your love, for you have seen my affliction, 
you know the agony of my soul.
17 Make your face shine upon your servant; save me in your love.
21 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from human wiles; 
you keep them in your dwelling, safe from the intrigues of wagging tongues.


Hold me my Beloved in Your heart, in Your soul, Your mind in Your Body in Your Spirit and encompass me in Your Holy Presence all my days and nights.

John 6:30-35


You are the Bread that satisfies every longing.  How foolish I am my Beloved, I receive You each morning in the Eucharist - what more could I ask for.  What greater gift could You give me that I do not already receive each day?  You always give me all I need.  You satisfy my hunger and You quench my thirst.  I receive You daily in Your humanity and in Your divinity and I am in perfect union with You.  What more could I desire when I already possess Perfection?

No comments:

Post a Comment