Friday, March 30, 2012

Jeremiah 20:10-13, Psalm 18:2-7, John 10:31-42

Daily Holy Mass Readings:   Jeremiah 20:10-13, Psalm 18:2-7,  John 10:31-42

 
 Jeremiah 20:10-13 ©
I hear so many disparaging me,
‘“Terror from every side!”
Denounce him! Let us denounce him!’
Jeremiah said:
All those who used to be my friends
watched for my downfall,
‘Perhaps he will be seduced into error.
Then we will master him
and take our revenge!’
But the Lord is at my side, a mighty hero;
my opponents will stumble, mastered,
confounded by their failure;
everlasting, unforgettable disgrace will be theirs.
But you, O Lord of Hosts, you who probe with justice,
who scrutinise the loins and heart,
let me see the vengeance you will take on them,
for I have committed my cause to you.
Sing to the Lord,
praise the Lord,
for he has delivered the soul of the needy
from the hands of evil men.
My Beloved, everything You had to undergo was prophesied long before the events took place.  Prophets through the ages as well as the Psalms tell with chilling clarity all that You had to undergo for the salvation of men.  This is why the Father has given You a Name that is above every other name and at this glorious Name, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess to the glory of the Father that You indeed are Lord!

Psalm 18:2-7 
My Beloved this has always been my experience of You.  Every time I called, You have swiftly come to my aid and helped me.  i love You.  I lean on You.  I rely on You.  You rescue me from the snares of evil that lurks around to devour me.  You keep me safe.  Despite my weakness and sinfulness You love with with the fierce, protective love of a mother for her baby.  Thank You.
John 10:31-42 ©
As Lent draws to a close and reflecting on all the events of Your life leading up to Your Passion, the events are now gaining momentum as we contemplate the approaching of 'the hour' for which You came into the world.  You now speak plainly of Your mission.  The Father sent You to reveal that God's nature is Love and that the Father is committed to snatching us from the jaws of death.  We will receive new life in You and through You.  Grafted on to You my Beloved we too are a new creation in You and co-heirs with You to all that belongs to You.  Such magnanimity, such generosity is only possible by a God whose Name is Love.  Thank You!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment