Sunday, March 4, 2012

Genesis 22:1-2, 9-13, 15-18, Romans 8:31-34, Psalm 116:10, 15-19, Mark 9:1-10

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Genesis 22:1-2, 9-13, 15-18, Romans 8:31-34, 
                                                           Psalm 116:10, 15-19, Mark 9:1-10



Genesis 22:1-2, 9-13, 15-18

Beloved, each time You command may I gladly obey   like Abraham, may my response like his always be, "Here I am."  No matter what it is You ask of me, may I do it with childlike simplicity even if is difficult.  You will  not ask anything of me that is beyond my ability to either give or endure.

---- Mine, remember that love never stops to count the cost.  It is ready to sacrifice all for the Beloved - family, friends, possessions.  Nothing is so important that it takes precedence over the Lover.  Look at the Cross - a perfect example of Love.


Romans 8:31-34

Beloved, if the Father did not spare You for love of us His unworthy children but gave You up in order that we might be saved, what have we to be afraid of?  None can harm us, for both the Father and You at His side constantly pleading for us, upholds and protects, guards and strengthens us.  You have set me free and I am free indeed! 

Psalm 116:10, 15-19

Verse 10
 10 I have kept faith even when I said,
“I am greatly afflicted.”

Wouldn't it be wonderful Lord if verse 10 could be said of me?

Mark 9:1-10

My Beloved, You are the Kingdom of God for me.  You come with power to dwell within me at each Eucharist.  You stay awhile in the temple of my soul and I too am transfigured.  We are one, intimately, gloriously, divinely one.  You who are God and I who am a sinner.  Only a God of love would desire to deign to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment