Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jonah 3:1-5, 10, Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10, 1 Corinthians 7:29-31, Mark 1:14-20

Daily Mass Readings:  Jonah 3:1-5, 10, Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10, 
                                               1 Corinthians 7:29-31, Mark 1:14-20

Jonah 3:1-5, 10, 

My Beloved, true repentance will always move the heart of  God to forgive completely.

Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-10

Beloved, when I sin grant me the humility not to hide my guilt but to confess it confident that my God will forgive and forget my offenses.  May neither fear or pride hinder me from approaching You with a childlike expectation that You will accept my contrition and cleanse and restore me.




1 Corinthians 7:29-31

You remind us Lord that there is a hereafter and that we should be aware of it.  There is a time for everything and there is a proper order for all things.  Before we know it it will be tomorrow.  Let me wake up Lord, lest I find that day come upon me and I am not ready.  Lord, I am weak, grant me Your grace and Your strength.

Mark 1:14-20

"........change your ways and believe the Good News.”

Beloved, it is hard to change a lifetime of bad habits and yet with Your  help it is possible.  With Your help and my will I can do it but Lord my will is weak and I fall at the starting line.  You  have called me and You will empower me.  Please strengthen my will and place my footsteps in Your.  Let me stay within the embrace of Your Church so that I can always run to her for help when I need it.  Stay with Me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment