Sunday, January 22, 2012

1 Samuel 24:3-21, Psalm 57:2-4, 6, 11, Mark 3:13-19

Daily Mass Readings:  Samuel 24:3-21, Psalm 57:2-4, 6, 11, Mark 3:13-19


Samuel 24:3-21

David acted as a man who trusted  completely in God.  He was not influenced by ill advise.  He refused to slay Saul for he knew that God Himself had anointed Saul as king. 
 
Sometimes my Beloved, I allow myself to be influenced by what might sound like reasonable advice but is actually not pleasing to You at all.  May I always be guided by the truth that You have reveal through Scripture and through Your Holy Church.



Psalm 57:2-4, 6, 11

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy, for my soul takes refuge in you; I will find shelter in the shadow of your wings till the disaster has passed.
I call on God the Most High, on God who has done everything for me: may he send from heaven a savior and put my oppressors to shame. May God send me his love and faithfulness.

Yes, my Lord, I take refuge in You.  I hide in the shadow of Your wings.  Lose me in Yourself my own true God and I will be safe from my enemies.  You are a loving and faithful God - thank You for rescuing me from sin and answering every time I  have cried to You in my distress.  Thank You.

Mark 3:13-19

You call those whom You wanted and they came.  You appointed the twelve to be with You and You continue to call and those You call continue to respond.  They will remain with You as they fulfill their mission here in close union with Yourself.  The mission of the 12 was to preach the Good News of salvation and You gave them the authority to crush the power of evil and pave the way for good.  

Our actions speak of who we are my Beloved.  May my actions proclaim that I am You, all Yours always.

No comments:

Post a Comment