Thursday, December 22, 2011

Psalm 73:23-26

Daily Meditation:  Psalm 73:23-26

Psalm 73:23-26
23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold my right hand,
24 you guide me on the way you chose
and your Glory brings me along.
25 I have no one in heaven but you;
on earth I desire nothing but you.
26 My flesh and my heart waste away
for you, O God, O my rock,
you are mine forever.


How wonderfully these verses sum up all You do for me and what You are to me.
 

Yes, my Beloved, my Love, You are always with me, You hold my right hand and strength and peace flow from You to me. The glory of Your splendor leads me on and I follow in Your footsteps lest I stray. You who know the human heart know how much this poor, weak, sinful heart of mine loves You, I love You to the absolute capacity and then some.  But my capacity is less than a thimbleful.  I am so small but all that there is of me, insignificant though it may be is all Yours.  You  have absolute claim over me.  I know what the Psalmist means in verse 26 - I do long for You and receiving You every day in the Eucharist satisfies me to the depths of my being - You are mine and I am Yours Beloved forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment