Saturday, November 26, 2011

Isaiah 55:1-2

Daily Meditation:  Isaiah 55:1-2

Isaiah 55:1-2


Come here, all you who are thirsty, come to the water!
All who have no money, come!
Yes, without money and at no cost, buy and drink wine and milk.
Why spend money on what is not food and labor for what does not satisfy?Listen to me, and you will eat well; you will enjoy the richest of fare.

My Beloved, You invite me to come to You bringing with me my thirsts and my hunger.  You promised to quench the dryness of my spirit with living water.  I do not need to have anything in order to respond to Your invitation for You will make everything available at no cost.  Without expecting any remuneration You will give those mature in the Spirit, wine and those who are still infants, milk.  According to our ability to receive You will give us only that which we are able to profit from and grow.

So often we have nothing and we barter ourselves for things that fail to satisfy.  You invite me into a deeper relationship with Yourself, to not just hear but to listen to what You have to say with attention.  This listening followed by obedience in doing all that You ask of me will be rewarded with bountiful and rich food that will bring with it satisfaction, wholeness and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment