Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Daily Meditation:  Deuteronomy 6:5-9

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 
 5 And you shall love Yahweh, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength.Engrave on your heart the commandments that I pass on to you today. Repeat them over and over to your children, speak of them when you are at home and when you travel, when you lie down and when you rise. Brand them on your hand as a sign, and keep them always before your eyes. Engrave them on your doorposts and on your city gates.


My Beloved, I am commanded to love You with my entire being because in this alone I am  completely, fulfilled and joyful.  Loving You lights a fire within me and I glow with the warmth of love.  The more I love You, the greater is my capacity to be a blessing to those around me.  I am a better human being for loving You.   I become better aware of who I am when I am fully absorbed in loving You and pleasing You.  A lover can speak of nothing else but the beloved.  This must be true of me.  I must boast of You all the time and to all I meet.

Every thought, every word, every deed must be imbued through and through with my love.  Why?  Because You are God and worthy of all my love.  

Beloved, You know the extent of my love.  I am nothing.  Yet I desire You to ask Your Holy Spirit to descend into this nothing and help me to love You.  I am only a flickering wick and could be put out at any moment that is why I need Your loving hands to remain cupped around my tiny flame of love so that it will not go out.  This You do, because it pleases You that small as I am, all of me is all Yours and You are my own true God now and always.  From this moment on Beloved, may my love be visible in all I say, do and think.  Help me Lord to rise above all that is petty.  I am Your lover and You are mine.  My divine Lover, it does not behoove one like me to be spiteful or petty or resentful.  I want to be a tiny little mirror reflecting You alone my God and my King.

*******************************************

---- Mine, mean what You say.  I cannot abide a divided heart.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My Lord and my God with Your help, I will be as You will me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment