Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hebrews 5:7-9, Luke 2:33-35, Psalm 31:2-6, 15-16, 20

Daily Mass Readings :  Hebrews 5:7-9, Luke 2:33-35, 
                                        Psalm 31:2-6, 15-16, 20

Hebrews 5:7-9

Beloved, we are called to imitate You.  Our lives must reflect Your life.  We must have the same concern for our brothers and sisters as You have for them.  You loved us to the point of dying for us.  Teach me to die to myself, to lose my life, to take my gaze away from me and to focus it on You.

May all my actions flow from my love for You.  You are God and the Son of God and You submitted in  perfect humility to Your Father.  My Beloved God, obtain for me the grace to imitate You always.

Luke 2:33-35

Beloved both Mama Mary and St. Joseph knew who You  were - the Son of God, the Messiah, yet they did not have a full comprehension of all that this amazing Truth implied.  When they carried You as a Baby to present You in the temple, Simeon lifted the veil a little and both you and Joseph caught a tiny glimpse of His destiny.  As for You Holy Mother, Your destiny was intimately intertwined with His.  This little glimpse into the future that God permitted left you even more perplexed.  You had to experience the unfolding of the  divine mysteries of love and sacrifice.   The immense suffering that your perfect love for Him and His for us would bring you both great agony.   You bore it heroically sweet Mother as you walked the way of Calvary.  From the moment of His Birth your soul had the sword's tip always hovering before it.  It finally ran through your soul as you watched Him hang on the Cross and die.

You continue to suffer for the rest of your wayward children.  Let us pray that those who are faithful make reparation for the rest for we are all members of the Body of Your Son and members of the family of God.

Psalm 31:6

Into your hands I commend my spirit; you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.

No comments:

Post a Comment