Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Genesis 6:22, 7:5, Acts 11:19-26, John 22-30, Psalm 87:1-7

Daily Meditation:  Genesis 6:22, 7:5


Genesis 6:22, 7:5
Noah did all as God had commanded him.

Beloved, these words are repeated in Genesis 7:5.  Can the same be said of me?  Do I do all as God has commanded me?  What has God commanded?  He commands that I love Him with my whole heart, my whole soul, all my might, with my whole body and my whole spirit - He takes this command a step further, He commands me to love my neighbor as myself.  

Here is the catch, do I love my neighbor as myself?   Who is my neighbor I ask  myself, just as the Pharisees and Scribes asked You.  
My neighbor is my spouse, my children, my siblings, my relatives, the people in Church, members of my prayer group, the stranger on the street, my colleagues at work, the boss at work, colleagues who are kind and friendly and those who are not.  A certain someone who grates on my nerves like sandpaper on butter.

Thank You my Beloved for Your priests.  A certain priest I went to for confession gave me a healthy remedy for uncharitable thoughts about a certain someone, who can rile me as nothing and no one else can.  He asked me to give him the name of this certain someone and when I did, he said, "Whenever you think of this someone say, - "Jesus heal me.  Jesus heal ___________."  Amazing.  There is no better antidote to bitter and hurtful memories than this. 

Thank You Beloved, I know that the healing has begun.  If I want to know how to love, all I need to do is read the Gospels and then follow Your example. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daily Mass Readings: Acts 11:19-26, John 22-30, Psalm 87:1-7


Acts 11:19-26

The Book of Acts is packed with action and drama.  It is riveting to read all that the Apostles did and we are introduced to the firebrand Paul.  Beloved, if every Christian was as bold as him, as full of the Spirit of evangelisation, ready to take the Good News to wherever You wanted him to, whose  words and actions were so full of power and grace that all who heard him became captives of love, Your Kingdom and reign would have come to full bloom on earth. 

Of Barnabas it is said that he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and faith.  The Church i s fully aware of all that is going on in her domain and she constantly sends her representatives to make sure everything is being done in accordance with God's will and command.  The Church continues to govern, serve and love all in the church, wherever she is present in the four corners of the globe.  Persecution is not a bad thing because it sends faith filled Christians to countries that think You are no longer relevant to the 21st Century.  Faith filled immigrants prove otherwise.  You do work mysteriously and marvelously in this sinful age. 

Beloved, fill Your faithful remnant with the courage and zeal of St. Paul,
St. Barnabas and all Your Apostles and disciples, so we can tear down the works of the enemy fearlessly.  Amen!


John 22-30

My Beloved, I thrill to read verses 27-30.  I hear Your voice my Beloved and I follow You.  It is a sweet and familiar voice filled with love for me.  My name has never sounded sweeter as it does coming from Your lips.  It is filled with love, compassion and mercy for me because I am often as silly as only sheep can be.  You have promised that I shall not perish.  You promise that no one, I repeat NO ONE will steal me from You and I raise my voice in jubilation.  I need not be anxious about the many I know who are part of Your fold but have strayed from the sheepfold.  I have confidence and faith in Your promise.  You proclaim in no uncertain terms, that all have been given to You by the Father and I have Your blessed assurance that what the Father has entrusted to You, what He has given into Your safe keeping, will never be lost.  Nothing will deter You  from seeking and finding the lost and  restoring them back to the fold.  No thief will be able to keep them in bondage for long.  What belongs to the Father belongs to You and You have laid down Your life and shed Your precious Blood to ensure that the power of evil will not have the last word.  PRAISE THE LORD!!! ALLELUIA!!!!!.

Psalm 87:1-7
the Lord prefers the gates of Zion
to all of Jacob’s towns.
Great things have been foretold
of you, O city of God:
But of Zion it shall be said,
“More and more are being born in her.”
For the Most High himself has founded her.
And the Lord notes in the people’s register:
“All these were also born in Zion.”
And all will dance and sing
joyfully for you.

Here is a hymn praising Mary, Mother of the Church and Holy Mother Church, the  Church You have founded.  You are the Gate through which the faithful enter.  Her numbers are steadily increasing through those who join her remnant and there will be singing and rejoicing when there will be one fold under the Good Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment