Friday, April 1, 2011

Hosea 14:2-10, Mark 12:28-34, Psalm 81:8-11, 14, 17

Daily Mass Readings:    Hosea 14:2-10, Mark 12:28-34, Psalm 81:8-11, 14, 17

Hosea 14:5-10


My Beloved, what wonderful words of consolation.  You know how weak I am and Your promise to strengthen me and heal me.  You will let me hide in Your shade and pour Your grace upon me like dew so I will blossom with the gifts and fruits of Your Holy Spirit.  Keep me always hidden in You my God.


Mark 12:28-34,

My Beloved, truly there is no greater mission in life than to love God with all the passionate fervor that we are capable of and to love our neighbor as we love and care for ourselves.  My greatest joy and my deepest fulfillment comes from knowing You, discovering each day the marvel that You love me, You who are God almighty and to reciprocate that ;love no matter h ow imperfectly but with all the fervor I am capable of.  My prayer Beloved is that each day, You enlarge the boundaries of my heart in order that I may love you daily more and more.  Loving You will help me become more loving to my neighbor for I know that You love my neighbor just as passionately as You love me.  Help me to remember that I am created in order to give You glory with every breath I breathe and that I am created for happiness now and in the hereafter.

Psalm 81:8-11, 14, 17

You called in distress, and I saved you;
unseen, I answered you in thunder;
I tested you at the waters of Meribah.

11 for I the Lord am your God,
who led you forth from the land of Egypt.

17 I would feed you with the finest wheat
and satisfy you with honey from the rock.”

Beloved, how You love us, how You long for us to know You and knowing You understand how blessed we are to have a God such as You who loves us so passionately He did not hesitate to send You to the Cross to pay the ransom that we had to pay.  You knew it was impossible for us to ever pay it and we were doomed to be damned eternally.  Thank You for taking upon Your shoulders our guilt and for dying in order to set us free.  I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment