Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14, Psalm 24: 1-6, 1 John 1:1-3, Matthew 5:1-12a

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


SOLEMNITY OF ALL SAINTS



Come to me all you who labor and are burdened,

and I will give you rest, says the Lord. Mt 11:28


Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14, Psalm 24: 1-6, 1 John 1:1-3, Matthew 5:1-12a



Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14



My soul's beloved, the Church reminds us today of those who have being in Your Blood, have heard the Gospel, have believed in it, have lived it, have preached it, and have obeyed Your command to establish Your Kingdom in the four corners of the earth. Many have left all that was familiar and dear to them behind and traveled to strange  and dangerous places, and armed with the Word of God and the power of the Holy Spirit they boldly preached the Gospel and many came to the knowledge of Truth, believed and were saved. Saints are people just like us they became great because they followed You, they took up their cross every day and walked in Your footsteps. They did not rely on their strength , but on grace and wisdom supplied by You. You equipped them, You walked with them, You inspired them, they burdened with a holy zeal because the had themselves experienced the power of the Gospel.



As the world becomes more and more hostile to You my Lord those who believe in You are increasingly aware of the need to hold fast to the Truth, to live it in season and out of season, to teach it and preach it even if they have to lose their lives and many do. But to such as these belongs the Kingdom of God. Help me as well, my Lord to be faithful and to shed the light of Truth to those around  me even if I am rejected.



Psalm 24: 1-6



My soul's beloved, everyone who is baptized desires to see You face to face. Those who live a life of grace in the Spirit will ascend the mountain of the Lord, will be permitted to enter the Holy Place, for their sins have been washed away in the Blood of the Lamb, and they have served You faithfully. They have been prepared to suffer abuse, persecution, ridicule and loss and have even laid down their life in order that the Good News may be preached and many may come to believe in You  and be saved. This is the mission that we have received grant that we too may be faithful in carrying the treasure we hold in pots of clay to be shared with the world.


1 John 1:1-3

My soul's beloved, I have been called by the Father to know You, love You, serve You and to be happy with You someday forever in the Kingdom of God. I am a daughter of the Most High, I have been created in love. God ordained that I be born into a Catholic home and receive the fullness of faith. How blessed I am. How great is the debt I owe for all I have received has been granted to me as a free gift. I live a life of grace granted to me by virtue of my baptism. Faith is the Father's gift to me. I believe and because I believe I am saved. Thank You for the promised of eternal life in You. Thank You for making me a co-heir with You. Thank You for the unquenchable hope I have in You that someday where You are I too will be forever and ever.


Matthew 5:1-12a



My soul's beloved, the way to the Kingdom of God is not a secret, it is not hidden, but You have told us clearly how we can get there. You ask nothing of us that You were not prepared to do Yourself. You are God's perfect Son - and You are the perfect Man. The way to perfection is to imitate You as we live the Beatitudes. Every grace and blessing will be ours as we put into practice the teachings You preached in Your Sermon on the Mount.


“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the land.
Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be satisfied.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you
and utter every kind of evil against you falsely because of me.
Rejoice and be glad,
for your reward will be great in heaven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment