Monday, July 4, 2016

Hosea 2:16-18, 21-22, Psalm 145:2-9, Matthew 9:18-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Hosea 2:16-18, 21-22, Psalm 145:2-9, Matthew 9:18-26


Hosea 2:16-18, 21-22


Allure me my soul's beloved, lead me into the desert where there is none there but You. I remember the days when I first came to know You as my personal Lord and Savior. I remember the thrill of getting to know You as so much more than Someone I approached only in times of need. To know You as a lover first gets to know the beloved. The wonder of discovery and the desire to know everything about one's love. 

I am my beloved's and He is mine.  

I will espouse you to me forever:
I will espouse you in right and in justice,
in love and in mercy;
I will espouse you in fidelity,
and you shall know the LORD.

Thank You beloved of my soul for espousing me to Yourself may I never forget it.

 Psalm 145:2-9

My soul's beloved, praise is fitting for all hearts who believe in You and adore You. We are filled with wonder and joy at what God has done for us and how He saved us because He loves us. I am truly grateful that You are a God of mercy and tender compassion, slow to anger and full of love because I am a miserable sinner. Thank You for Your unfailing kindness and the generosity of Your love. I know I am not worthy my Lord but thank You for deeming me worthy of such great love anyway. I am Yours and I am humbled and delighted that You desire to be mine as well. You chose me before I chose You. Thank You my Lord and my God.


Matthew 9:18-26

My soul's beloved, whether we come to You boldly and from the depths of our need implore You as the official did to come to his home and save his little girl, or whether we draw near to You by stealth, ashamed of our uncleanness, either way You grant us our heart's desires. To all You say, "Courage! Your faith has saved you."  

There will always be those who belittle our faith and make fun of us or persecute us because we follow You and are Your disciples. Grant us the grace never to be ashamed or afraid to witness to our faith always by the way we live our lives - faithful to the Truth and to the Gospel. You will take by the hand all those who put their faith and trust in You and You will grant us new life just as You gave new life and new hope to the the little girl and the woman who suffered from bleeding for twelve long, unhappy years.

Our Savior Jesus Christ has destroyed death
and brought life to light through the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment