Wednesday, June 22, 2016

2 Kings 22:8-13, 23:1-3, Psalm 119:33-34, 36-37, 40, Matthew 7:21-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Kings 22:8-13, 23:1-3, Psalm 119:33-34, 36-37, 40, Matthew 7:21-29

2 Kings 22:8-13, 23:1-3

My soul's beloved, in the Word given me today  the Father proclaimed that You are His Son, His chosen one and I must listen to You. In the Liturgy of the day we read how king Josiah believed the Sacred Word in the Holy Book and vowed to keep the covenant as written in it. We know that You are the Eternal Word of God and every baptized Christian is required to make this vow as well to listen to the Word with all our heart and with all our soul and we will always have the life of God in us.

Psalm 119:33-34, 36-37, 40

My soul's beloved, in this Psalm it is revealed how important it is for us to know God Word, to ponder on it, to be guided by it. Knowledge of God's Word gives wisdom and brings healing and strength.  Grant O Lord that Your Holy Spirit living in me will explain Your Word to me and help me to be faithful to all You ask of me. Only through understanding Your Word can I obey it. I am so easily distracted by the world Your Word will enable me to focus on what gives life and will help me desire it. Give me a great hunger and thirst to read and understand Your Word Lord so I will be satisfied and help me to share what I have received generously.

Matthew 7:21-29

My soul's beloved, once again in these words from the Gospel the Word of God today reinforces what He has said. I must remember that just paying lip service to You will get me nothing. I will enter the Kingdom of God only if I do the will of the Father and this is His will that I recognized that You are the One chosen and sent by Him into the world and I must listen to You.

If my life is built on the firm foundation of Your Word. If my roots grow deep into You then I will be able to weather every storm in my life and through the wisdom and strength granted me by Your Word I will remain faithful. I am saved by Your Word if I know it, am familiar with it and follow it faithfully. Ignorance of Your Word is ignorance of You said St. Jerome. Grant O Lord that I may dine on the rich banquet of Your Word every day so I may be nourished by it and be filled with Your strength and Your life. Armed with Your Word I can stay strong and unshaken no matter how great is the battle of evil around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment