Monday, January 18, 2016

1 Samuel 15:16-23, Psalm 50:8,9,16,17,21,23, Mark 2:18-22

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Samuel 15:16-23, Psalm 50:8,9,16,17,21,23, Mark 2:18-22

1 Samuel 15:16-23

My Beloved, I too have been anointed priest, prophet and king by virtue of my baptism and I have been given a mission to go out into the world and proclaim the Good News of salvation.  To this end You have equipped and empowered me, You fill me with Your Holy Spirit and You have given me the Sacraments Food for the journey in the Holy Eucharist and forgiveness and cleansing from sin and renewal, restitution and new life in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Obedience to God in all things is more pleasing to you than any sacrifice. In obedience I act in humility giving You rightful authority over me. Beloved Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like Yours.

Psalm 50:8,9,16,17,21,23

My Beloved, no offering is pleasing and acceptable to God if I do not offer it in a spirit of obedience and humility. Your will before mine. What you ask of me each day is to live out my vocation every moment aware that in all things I must glorify God. When You correct me help not to be rebellious. You love me and desire to remove from me all that displeases God. Help me to accept all the little difficulties that I experience each day gladly knowing that in all things God is working for good.

Mark 2:18-22

My Beloved, just like the people who questioned You we too can become so absorbed nit picking self righteously that we fail to see the larger picture. It is more important to seek God’s will in all circumstances and do it than to spend time finding fault with everything. We get so caught up in doing things the way they have always been done instead of listening the Holy Spirit and being led and guided by Him. We ought never to lose the wonder of a child. You are with us, Emmanuel, and the Church recognizes that there is an appropriate time to fast and to feast and we must do both.

We are living in the Day of the Lord. You are the Bridegroom. You have given us a new commandment and You, His Son, are the New Covenant of Love that God has established between Him and we who are His people. We are born of water, fire and the Holy Spirit the old has given way to the new. We are no longer guided by the Law which brings death but by Love which gives life.

No comments:

Post a Comment