Monday, April 7, 2014

Daniel 13:41c-62, Psalm 23:1-6, John 8:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Daniel 13:41c-62, Psalm 23:1-6, John 8:1-11

Daniel 13:41c-62

Verse 42
 “Eternal God, nothing is hidden from you; you know all things before they come to be......"

 My Beloved, I know I can trust You for You are God and You know everything.  All that You permit are for our good.  We learn to grow in the virtue of patience in trying circumstances for in trials we are tested and made strong.  I am never alone. You are always with me, Your right hand upholds me.  I walk in the light of Your life and grace when I walk with You.

Psalm 23:1-6

My Lord and my God, You are my Shepherd I shall know no want.  In baptism You have made me Your own.  You restore to me what was irrevocably lost by our first parents.  You pour Your Holy Spirit into me to instruct, guide and live in me.  I walk as a child of the light even though the world is a dark place.  I have no fear of evil for You are with me  You feed me at the Eucharistic banquet each day and I receive strength for the journey to the Kingdom.  You anoint me and You make it possible for me to follow the path of holiness through grace poured upon me, through the Sacraments. You have claimed me and You will grant me Your mercy, goodness and kindness all my days so that one day You will call me and take me home to Yourself to live with You eternally.

John 8:1-11

The Sinner John 8:3-11



While His enemies were plotting,
And scheming for His life,
Our Lord went out to Olivet,
To pray all through the night.


Returning to the temple,
After a night of prayer,
He found a group of people,
Already gathered there.

Sitting down among them,
He began to speak,
Of sacred truths that until then,
Were veiled in mystery.

Suddenly there was discord,
Disquiet filled the air,
The Scribes and Pharisees had dragged,
A woman to the square.

Her hair was tossed and tangled,
Her cheeks glistened with tears,
Her ashen face looked wretched,
Her eyes were wide in fear.

‘Sir’, they said with malice,
‘This woman that you see,
We caught her in the very act,
Of adultery.
By the law of Moses,
This woman stands accused,
To death by stoning as decreed,
Now Master, what say You?’

The evil mask of Satan,
Was stripped and stood unbound,
Bending down Christ wrote their sins,
On the dusty ground.

To end their questioning He said,
With patience wearing thin,
‘The first to cast a stone will be,
The one who has no sin.’

Their sins once cloaked in darkness,
Were brought into the light,
Beginning with the elders,
They shuffled out of sight.

She gazed at Him in wonder,
As He straightened up and said,
‘Where are your accusers?
Have none condemned you yet?’

‘No one Sir,’ she whispered,
‘I stand with You alone,’
‘Nor do I condemn you,
Go and sin no more.’

She felt a rush of gladness,
Peace overflowed her soul,
Life took on new meaning,
Once Jesus made her whole.
 
Myra D’Souza/27.7.2009



No comments:

Post a Comment