Sunday, July 16, 2017

Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 65:10-14, Romans 8:18-23, Matthew 13:1-9

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The seed is the word of God, Christ is the sower.
All who come to him will have life forever.


Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 65:10-14, Romans 8:18-23, Matthew 13:1-9


Isaiah 55:10-11

Dear Love,

You are the Eternal Word of the Living God. You came down from heaven to reveal to us the love of the Father and to empower us with Your Holy Spirit. Unless God provides the means by which we can bear fruit all our efforts to please Him will be futile. You are the Sower and the Seed is Your Word, if Your Word finds a home in a receptive heart then it will certainly bear lasting fruit. However, we are sinners and I more often than out give in to self indulgence. I am too lazy to make the effort to work and serve. I choose the way that is easy and find excuses not to do the things I ought. 

Help me Beloved, that having received the Word of God it may find a willing and receptive heart so it can put down roots and bear fruit a hundred fold.

Psalm 65:10-14

Dear Love,

I have no excuses for not living a life that is pleasing to You and to the Father. You have made every provision for me. You have laid down Your life for me. You have shown me the way to the Father's house. You have given me Your own Holy Spirit. I have the Sacraments through which I receive rich graces to overcome my natural concupiscence to sin and to choose the narrow way which is the way of salvation.

Yet, Beloved, I am too weak to do choose what is necessary to grow in faith and life. I would rather give in to sloth and laziness than make the effort that is necessary and will myself to do what I know I must. Help me Lord I beg You.

Romans 8:18-23

Dear Love,

How well St. Paul understands by sinful condition. I desire to be all that You wish me to be but this poor creature is weighed down by my own flesh and its natural tendency to a life of ease.

I desire to receive all that You so gladly are ready to give me but I am not prepared to make the necessary sacrifices required. You have set me free but I still have to throw away the shackles that hamper and limit me from soaring with the Holy Spirit.

Help me Beloved for without You literally picking me up and doing it all for me I am not sure I can do more than just desire all that You have won for me on the Cross.

Matthew 13:1-9


On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea. 
Such large crowds gathered around him
that he got into a boat and sat down,
and the whole crowd stood along the shore. 
And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying:
"A sower went out to sow. 
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,
and birds came and ate it up. 
Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. 
It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
and when the sun rose it was scorched,
and it withered for lack of roots. 
Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. 
But some seed fell on rich soil and produced fruit,
a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold. 
Whoever has ears ought to hear."



No comments:

Post a Comment