Monday, July 10, 2017

Genesis 28:10-22, Psalm 91:1-4, 14-15, Matthew 9:18-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Our Savior Jesus Christ has destroyed death
and brought life to light through the Gospel. 2 Tim 1:10



Genesis 28:10-22, Psalm 91:1-4, 14-15, Matthew 9:18-26 


Genesis 28:10-22

Dear Love,

Jacob came upon a shrine and taking one of its stones lay his head on it and sleep. You are the Cornerstone on which You have built Your Church - we lay our head on You and in You we find our rest. You are the gateway to heaven, around You angels throng. In You every promised made by God our Father is fulfilled beginning with Abraham. You are the God who  provides all our needs and satisfies every longing. You assure us of blessings not only to us but to the generations that will follow and until the end of time. You assure us that wherever we go we shall find Your blessing for You will be with us, You will protect us wherever we are, You will provide for us and You give us Your solemn promises that You will never leave us.

How awesome is Your Church - truly this is where You make Your home and here You dwell in Your fullness in the Eucharist, on our altars and in our tabernacles everywhere. Here we celebrate the Memorial of Your Love, Your awesome Sacrifice that opened the gates to heaven and made of Yourself a stairway to God. Thank You for abiding with us, among us, and in us.

Psalm 91:1-4, 14-15

Dear Love,

In You I have placed all my hope and my trust. I dwell in Your Sacred Heart, I shelter under Your wings. I abide in Your shadow. You are my refuge, my fortress, my strength, You are my God and my all. I thank You for being with me and for not abandoning me during the times when like the prodigal son I had wandered far away from the voice of wisdom. Thank You for rescuing me from my own stupidity. Thank You for setting me free from the traps set to snare me. Thank You for making a place of refuge for me in Yourself.

My soul clings to You and You will deliver me because I am Yours. I believe in all Your promises. I acknowledge that You are my Lord and my God and that there is no Name but Your Name that has power to save. I will call Your Name in times of distress and You will save me always. Thank You.

Matthew 9:18-26

Dear Love,

Jairus, a Jewish official knelt before You acknowledging You as Lord and God begged You to raise his dead daughter to life. Who but God has such authority? Not only did he ask You to restore her life but he was confident that all You needed to do was lay Your hand on her and she would receive life again. He believed that the power of God was Yours to command. 

Just as this drama was unfolding, we have another being enacted but in silence, hidden, cloaked - the woman suffering hemorrhages for twelve years wanted to quietly touch the tassel on Your cloak certain that if she just touch it she would be cured. Two incidents of great faith are narrated in today's Gospel reading.

Both the father and the woman had their faith in You amply rewarded. To the woman who lived with shame all her adult life You said, "Courage, daughter! Your faith has saved you." And instantly she was cured.

To those who were mourning the dead girl You said, "Go away! The girl is not dead but sleeping." You cleared the crowds because they did not believe. Once again the Gospel writer Matthew does not record any words all he says was that You took the girl by the hand and she arose. 

My Beloved, grant me an increase of faith every day for as long as I live. Grant me the grace to exercise my faith just as Jairus and the woman suffering from bleeding did. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment