Monday, June 26, 2017

Genesis 12:1-9, Psalm 33:12-13, 18-20, 22, Matthew 7:1-5

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The word of God is living and effective,
able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart. Heb 4:12



Genesis 12:1-9, Psalm 33:12-13, 18-20, 22, Matthew 7:1-5


Genesis 12:1-9

Dear Love,

To each of the baptized You give a mission and to each You command that we go out into the place that You have prepared for us. As we journey You assure us that You will be with us. There is a life that God has mapped out for us and He does not leave us to figure it out on our own but has given us the Holy Spirit to help us and guide us every step of the way.

If we are faithful, You assure us that we will be a blessing to all and in turn will receive blessings. You will be our God and You will go before us to prepare the way for us. We are required to trust You completely in everything even when the road gets narrow and the path difficult. You will make Your home with us and You will live with us and in us and we will walk with the confidence and assurance of children who know they are greatly loved by the living God.

Psalm 33:12-13, 18-20, 22

Dear Love,

Once again You tell me through the words of the psalmist how precious I am in your sight. You have purchased me at a great price and now I am your inheritance - I know I am not worth much Beloved, but such as I am, I am wholly your own.

Thank You for keeping Your watchful gaze over me and all who belong to me. Your loving kindness never fails and this is why my hope in You burns brightly. You have delivered me over and over again from all kinds of calamities both earthly and spiritual.  Thank You Beloved, for the glorious destiny that is mine and while I await that day I have Your wonderful assurance that Your kindness will never be denied to me. Thank You.

Matthew 7:1-5

Dear Love,

How easily we criticize each other. We rudely remove You from the judgement seat appointed to You by God Himself and we begin to pass judgement on everyone whether we know the truth or not. We tear each others reputations to shred based on hearsay. We encourage gossip and rumor. We are careful to notice every tiny little defect in others while we go about parading our vices like they were virtues. We lack compassion, we show no mercy, we don't give a quarter to those who in a moment of weakness, or lapsed judgement do foolish things. We are ready to destroy rather than build. 

Today You remind us to be mindful of our own sinfulness, our weakness, and to be less quick to take Your appointed place on the judgement seat. If we don't You warn us sternly that in the measure that we judge and condemn others we will be be judged and condemned.

No comments:

Post a Comment