Thursday, June 1, 2017

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, Psalm 16-1-2, 5-11, John 17:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

May they all be one as you, Father, are in me and I in you,

that the world may believe that you sent me, says the Lord. Jn 17:21

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, Psalm 16-1-2, 5-11, John 17:20-26

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11

Dear Love,

When we are faithful to the mission given to us at our baptism and having bestowed on us the Holy Spirit You we are assured that all that is required to be effective witnesses will be granted to us. Once again we see how Paul is able to get out of a nasty situation that could have cost him his life. There was work for him to do yet. He was to go to Rome and there make You known among the very people who carried out the execution of the Son of God and the Son of Man.

The time will come for each of us to pass from this life to the next and no one can harm a hair on our head unless that hour that God has ordained, arrives. We can trust You always to remain with us and empower us for if we are faithful to the call we have all received.

Psalm 16-1-2, 5-11

Dear Love,

We belong to You. We are Yours. In You we make our home. You are refuge, our stronghold, our deliverer. You are pledge of the Father to us. In You we are made members of the household of God. We are called to be unafraid no matter what challenges we may be faced with as we witness faithfully to You and the Good News of our salvation. You keep us safe in the shadow of Your wings. You our hope in times of distress. 

Thank You for the Holy Spirit who is our constant companion. He leads, guides, counsels us to walk in the ways of God unafraid of what the world can do to our body but have no authority over our soul. With You always before us, around us, and in us we will not be anxious, worried, or afraid. We will always rejoice always for our hope and our trust is founded on One who is the reason for our hope and our joy. We will live because You live and we have Your pledge that when our days on earth are over You will come to take us to the place that has been prepared for us eternally to share the fullness of Your joy and Your Presence forever.

John 17:20-26

Dear Love, 

This beautiful prayer You make to Your Father for all of us who believe from the greatest to the least has the power to touch us and move us in the deepest level of our being. It would have moved those who heard You with their own ears as this prayer issued from from Your heart to Your lips and rose to the highest heavens to find an all resounding answer, YES, in God, Your Father.

Grant us the grace dear Love, to be unswerving in our faith, and in the call and mission we have received to make You known and loved in the world. For all who believe in You will be made One with You and will know the glory of eternal life with You. It is the gracious will of the Father that all His children be saved for we were all created for a glorious destiny. It is now on us to ensure that each one of us is faithful to that call and that all whom You planned to be saved through us made indeed be saved. 

Give us a fire that sets our spirit ablaze and permits us no rest until all those whom You have entrusted to us to hear the Good News, hear it, believe in it and are saved. This prayer has already been answered grant that I may do my part in its fulfillment. Amen.


Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
"I pray not only for these,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one,
as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
that they also may be in us,
that the world may believe that you sent me.
And I have given them the glory you gave me,
so that they may be one, as we are one,
I in them and you in me,
that they may be brought to perfection as one,
that the world may know that you sent me,
and that you loved them even as you loved me.
Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me,
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
I made known to them your name and I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them."


No comments:

Post a Comment