Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Acts 20:17-27, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21, John 17:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I will ask the Father
and he will give you another Advocate
to be with you always. Jn 14:16


Acts 20:17-27, Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21, John 17:1-11


Acts 20:17-27

Dear Love,

Paul served You well this is why he is considered an apostle to the Gentiles. He was single minded in his vision in preaching and teaching the Good News and he relied completely on the Holy Spirit.

He was a true missionary - he did not rest because he felt passionately the grave responsibility entrusted to him in making the Gospel known to as many as possible so all could be saved. He was not stupid or foolhardy. He knew exactly what it would cost him and it cost him much, for he suffered much, but he endured all hardship gladly for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

Grant me dear Love a little of that zeal and that passion so I too, in my own little way may make You known and loved to those whom I encounter and whose lives are entwined with mine.

Psalm 68:10-11, 20-21

Dear Love,

I am grateful to the Father for creating me, I am grateful to You for saving me and I am grateful to the Holy Spirit who enable me to grow in holiness and perfection. You shower graces upon me each time I life my eyes to You, each time I pray, each time I receive You in the Holy Eucharist and each time I encounter Your mercy in Confession. 

I thank our Father for desiring to grant me a share of the glorious inheritance that is Yours and for the future that awaits me in Your Kingdom. Thank You for being yoked to me, taking me by the hand, and helping me through this vale of tears. Thank You for conquering death and for standing at the gate of life to lead me to heaven.

John 17:1-11

Dear Love,

Only one whose nature in Love, whose Word is Love, who can do nothing but Love could make such a prayer as the prayer You prayed to Your Father at the end of Your mission. The hour had finally arrived when the ultimate price for sin was to be paid by the Son of God who lowered Himself and became the Son of Man in order to offer His life in exchange for ours. You knew the mission from eternity and You were obedient to the will of God despite the cost. 

You revealed the Father to His children. The mission would soon end and You would return to the place from where You had come but not before You made this most moving prayer for all of us who would come to believe that You are the Messiah, the Savior, the Redeemer and that there is no other. In Your sacred Flesh, You took upon the sins of the whole world, You absorbed them and You gave back to us another chance with the slate wiped clean. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment