Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Acts 5:17-26, Psalm 34:2-9, John 3:16-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life. Jn 3:16



Acts 5:17-26, Psalm 34:2-9, John 3:16-21

Acts 5:17-26

My soul's beloved, no matter how powerful the world appears to be it is powerless before You, the Lord God, the Almighty, the only Son of the Living God. How typical is the reaction of the members of the Sanhedrin - they are so like the rulers of the world who are more concerned about holding on to their positions of prestige and power than for the truth. The are prepared to go to any lengths to stifle it and to destroy those who will not be silenced. But we see that God will send His angels to protect those who belong to Him. Each of the baptized has been given a mission to preach the Good News even risking our lives; as we face our daily struggles and challenges. We are called to live by faith in the face of a Godless world. We are called to stand firm no matter how  much we are persecuted and we can always count on You to stay beside us and give us all we need through the power of the Holy Spirit, to proclaim boldly with heavenly wisdom all that God has done for us.  

Psalm 34:2-9

My soul's beloved, You have claimed me for Yourself. You have anointed me. You have given me Your Name by which I am known for I am Your follower, Your disciple. You picked me up when I was drowning in sin and You saved me. I will bless You all the days of my life. I will praise You with every breath I  breathe for You have called me from darkness into Your own marvellous light. You have lifted my head and my gaze is fixed on You from You I receive all that is good, true, beautiful, and life giving. You have appointed angels to encamp around me lest I stumble and hurt my foot against a stone. You are my Protector, my Redeemer, my Savior and with your help all the days of my life, I shall walk in Your shadow and make my home beneath Your wings.

John 3:16-21

My soul's beloved, Lord and Giver of life, the Father gave us His Son in order that through You we may claim the inheritance that He desired us to have from the moment He created the world. We sinned, we inherited death, we chose to turn away from God and to walk in the way of darkness. The Father would have been justified in annihilating us from the face of the earth and condemning us to the darkest corner of hell. We deserved it. But we are eternally grateful that our awesome God is a God of Love, whose nature is Love and who can do nothing but love. All the actions of our Abba are prompted by love and love alone and so we have the most beautiful revelation given to us in Scripture, the most comforting verses inspired by the Holy Spirit, in Scripture, "God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life." Thank You my Lord and my God for Your assurance that all who walk in Truth walk in the Light and all we do with the help of Your grace proclaims to the world that our God is awesome, glorious, and rightly to be raised from the rising of the sun to its setting.

Thank You for creating me and than You for the glorious future that is in store for me because of Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment