Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Cast away from you all the crimes you have committed, says the LORD,
and make for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. Ez.18:31


Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12


Isaiah 1:10, 16-20

My soul's beloved, You invite me today to make a new beginning - however I cannot do it on my own. I need Your help. I need grace. Help me Lord! Be my strength. You alone can give me a desire to do good always. This is the time when we are invited to make things right with You by going for Confession and receiving forgiveness of all my sins. Here Lord, You wipe the slate clean and I become a new creation. Help to make a thorough examination of my conscience so that I may confess all my transgressions against You and my neighbor and be healed and restored in soul, mind, body and spirit.

Psalm 50:8-9, 16-17, 21 & 23

My soul's beloved, during this season of Lent I am encouraged to exercise the virtue of discipline which is no necessary if I am to train myself to choose the good, the holy, the perfec. A life of self indulgence leads to sin  for I lack the grace to choose to do Your will rather than my own. This is the time given to me to reflect on the many times I have chosen the easier path rather than the right one. If I choose to walk in the Way of truth You will always be with me. Grant me the grace to praise you always, to seek Your will and conform to it always.

Matthew 23:1-12

My soul's beloved, today You remind us to obey all legitimate authority especially in the Church. We are called to obey her teachings for she has been appointed as the sole authority in all matter concerning faith and morals. However, the bad example of some of her ministers is no excuse for us to commit sin. Those who have been given leadership no matter how great or small are required to be humble, compassionate, and merciful. We are called to serve not to be served for we are the servants of the Servant of God who came not to lord it over us but to give Your life as a ransom. Humility and obedience - grant me these two virtues Lord and I will always be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment