Thursday, March 9, 2017

Esther C 12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8, Matthew 7:7-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A clean heart create for me, O God;
give me back the joy of your salvation. Ps. 51:12, 14


Esther C 12, 14-16, 23-25, Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8, Matthew 7:7-12

Esther C 12, 14-16, 23-25

My soul's beloved, here Queen Esther shows us how we ought to pray for deliverance. We are to acknowledge who You are, we are to recognize that You alone have power to save us. We are to see ourselves as we are and fall prostrate before You and not only us but all who pray with us, You are God - all powerful, almighty and You can do all things. You hold all things together with the power of Your Word and can accomplish all things in the Word You utter. You alone have power to save us from evil. You can give us joy in the midst of sorrow, life in the midst of death, and eternal life with You forever. 


Psalm 138:1-3, 7-8

My soul's beloved, there never was time when I call and You did not answer me. I have not been as grateful as I ought, I have been weak, I have been disobedient and wayward. I have been proud, haughty and forgetful of all the blessings You have always bestowed on me. But You O Lord, have always been loving, kind, faithful, forgiving and compassionate. You have not treated me as I deserve. Thank You for keeping every one of Your promises to me. Thank You for consoling me, for encouraging me, for blessing me and mine always. Thank You for the strength You grant me day after day. Thank You for the many graces without which I could do nothing to please You. Continue to keep Your hand over me and keep me safe in Your love now and always.

Matthew 7:7-12

My soul's beloved, thank You for assuring me today that the Father will always give me the things that are good for me all I need to do is ask. When I seek You I will find You. When I knock You will open the door and permit me to enter. Thank You also for reminding me that I must treat everyone as I myself want to be treated.

1 comment: