Saturday, March 11, 2017

Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Behold, now is a very acceptable time;
behold, now is the day of salvation. 2Cor. 6:2


Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48


Deuteronomy 26:16-19

My soul's beloved, it is You who extend the hand of friendship and You who makes a covenant with us. You created us and You desire that we belong to You totally, completely, utterly. You desire that we walk in the way that You have revealed and You assure us of joy beyond all expectation if we walk in the way of Love and of Truth. You speak to us constantly keep us attuned to the sound of Your Voice telling us which way we should go.You direct us in Your Word, through the Church, in prayer, and through the promptings of Your Holy Spirit. It is You who chose us and You who grant us the privilege of being priest, prophet, and king. We are the children of the Most High God for You deign to call us sisters and brothers. You are our God and we my soul's beloved are Yours alone.

Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8

My soul's beloved, You have revealed to me the way in which I must walk, You grant the grace to do so through the Sacraments. It is Your love that prompts me to obeying Your Word for in this lies my happiness. You are the fulfillment of all my desires. You alone can satisfy. Thank You my Beloved for You assurance that You will keep us close to You always as we seek to live a live  pleasing to You always.

Matthew 5:43-48

My soul's beloved, You restored my relationship with the Father. I am no longer an enemy but a member of the household of God. If then, I call God Father, and I acknowledge You as My Brother then I must obey the Law of Love in all things. It must prompt all my actions. I am called to shine Your Light in a world that keeps getting darker because of sin. Yet, I am called to love everyone because You love everyone without qualification. You love us all with an infinite love and You desire us to love as well. We are invited to a higher calling - that of striving always after holiness and perfection because our Father is holy and  perfect and to leave all judgment to You alone. All I am commanded to do is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment