Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sirach 5:1-8, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Mark 9:41-50

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Receive the word of God, not as the word of men,
but as it truly is, the word of God. 1 Thes 2:13




Sirach 5:1-8, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Mark 9:41-50


Sirach 5:1-8


My soul's beloved, today You remind me that I must put my hope and my trust in You and in nothing else - neither in wealth or in power. I am also reminded that I must avoid sin and if I do I ought to repent quickly. Should I sin with impunity taking for granted Your mercy and forgiveness then I will soon find out that while You are Love, You are also a just Judge. Give me a sensitive conscience so when I sin I will seek forgiveness immediately and resolve with Your help to sin no more.

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

My soul's beloved, the company we keep reveals who we are. For sinners congregate with sinners but those who desire to follow You will seek out those who are Your disciples. Keep me always beside the streams of living water, through the power of Your Spirit grant that I may put down  roots deeps into Your Body so that Your life may run through me. Only then will I bear fruit that will last. Only then will I be able to live as You desire me to live. Keep me always close to You and aware that You are always watching over me and will keep me safe in Your everlasting love.

Mark 9:41-50

My soul's beloved, help me always to be kind and generous with Your anointed. Help me always to give a good example to those who look up to me. May I be willing to do whatever it takes to keep me from grave sin that leads to eternal death. Hell is real just as heaven is real - help me never to forget it. Help me never to take my salvation for granted. You have called me from darkness to walk in Your light and You desire that I be a witness for You in the world. As long as I have Your life in me I will be able to reflect the light of truth in the world no matter how feeble. Grant that I may never lose my flavor but that I may be filled with Your life and be an instrument of peace rather than division with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment