Monday, February 6, 2017

Genesis 1:1-19, Psalm 104;1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 24, 35C, Mark 6;53-56

Daily Holy Mass Readings

Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt.4:23



Genesis 1:1-19, Psalm 104;1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 24, 35c, Mark 6;53-56


Genesis 1:1-19

My soul's beloved, before the beginning God is, God was, and God always will be. The mighty Ruah of God swept over the abyss, and God uttered the Word that was eternally in Him, the Word of God that would in time, and space become the Word Incarnate, and all creation was called into being. God affirmed that everything He created was good.

God called me into existence as well. God had me always in His plan. I was meant to be and I will continue to be eternally in God's presence in eternity.

Thank You Lord for Your immense goodness in creating me, redeeming me and sanctifying me. Thank You for my hope in a future that never ends with You. Thank you for granting me a taste of Your immense goodness in this life and the promise of tasting Your goodness in its fullness in the hereafter.

Psalm 104;1-2, 5-6, 10, 12, 24, 35C

My soul's beloved, the psalmist recognizes the power of God and His infinite goodness in His creation. God uttered a Word and all creation came into being. Thank You Father for all of creation and for creating me. Thank You for making provision for us not only for our temporary needs but also to satisfy, strengthen, and replenish us spiritually. Thank You for granting us a share in creating with You as we bring forth new life to know You, honor You, worship You, and for the place that is reserved for us all as co-heirs with Your Son. My soul's beloved thank You for all You have won for me through Your incarnation, passion, death, and glorious resurrection.

Mark 6;53-56

My soul's beloved, the people recognized that there were in the presence of divine power from whom all blessings flow. The brought their sick, their dying, to You and they all surrounded You hoping to reach out and touch just the tassels on Your cloak certain that they would be healed.

We are privileged to receive so much more in the Holy Eucharist where You become our food and drink and in consuming You, God Himself, we become one with You. Continue to pour Your grace upon me and help me to grow in my awareness of the awesome wonder of this Sacrament. Thank You for the gift of gifts, the Gift of Yourself to me in Holy Communion.

No comments:

Post a Comment