Monday, January 30, 2017

Hebrews 11:32-40, Psalm 31:20-24, Mark 5:1-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A great prophet has arisen in our midst
and God has visited his people. Lk 7:16


Hebrews 11:32-40, Psalm 31:20-24, Mark 5:1-20

Hebrews 11:32-40

My soul's beloved, the Old Testament is chock full of heroic men and women who lived by faith, believed in God and His promises. Many were treated shamefully, were persecuted, were tortured and died barbaric deaths. They lived as strangers in the world living hard lives as they wandered from place to place speaking about God and warning the people to repent and live holy lives. However, all that they did was not sufficient to enter heaven - without the Sacrifice of the Lamb of God, all their suffering and good works were futile, empty, and in vain. They only received their inheritance after You became incarnate, entered our world and obtained salvation and justification for us sinners, perfecting in us what until then was imperfect. In You we are all redeemed and we receive the reward of salvation only through the justification of the Cross.

Psalm 31:20-24

My soul's beloved, every grace and blessing we receive flows from You. We are safe when we take refuge at the foot of the Cross. Covered in Your Blood and strengthened by the Food of Your Flesh we become one with You. Through Your life, suffering, and death our own lives have meaning. Thank You for grace that keeps us faithful and constant. Thank You for Your example of humility that keeps us humble. Thank You for the Sacrifice of Your Life that has saved us and keeps us grateful. Thank You for opening the gates of heaven for us so we may enter with You and receive the inheritance that the Father has in store for us. Jesus, meek and humble of heart, please help me to remain always humble like You.

Mark 5:1-20

My soul's beloved, who do we have but You. Shackled by sin we only injure ourselves and can do nothing to set ourselves free from the chains that bind us and render us unable to live in freedom as children of God. Without You, without grace we are wrecked, alone, unfit to keep company with anyone and we go deeper and deeper into sin. Thank You for seeking the sinner and seeking the lost. Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank You for never desiring the death of the sinner but his restoration into the family of God.all 

May I never forget all You have done for me, how You have saved me, how You set me free from my sins and have bathed and washed me in Your Blood. Thank You for feeding me in the Eucharist and thank You for make me a child of God. May I always be grateful and never cease to tell everyone all that You have done for me. How You rescued me and remain with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment