Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Isaiah 40:25;31, Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10, Matthew 11:28:30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Behold, the Lord comes to save his people;
blessed are those prepared to meet him.

Br

Isaiah 40:25;31, Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10, Matthew 11:28:30


Isaiah 40:25;31

My soul's beloved, when I lose focus of who You are - the Holy One, the Lord God at whose Word all things came into being and without whom nothing was created, then I get discouraged, I falter, I feel weak and unable to go on. But when I take the gaze away from myself and lift up my eyes to see the beauty and wonder of all that You have made and who sustains all things with His Breath, the Breath of His Spirit, then I grow confident and full of hope. The Father sent You into the world to reveal to us that we all can enter into glory if we follow the Way that You trod, if we receive the Truth as You revealed it, and if we are open to the Life that You desire to give all who believe, then You who are the Way, the Truth and the Life will take us by the hand and lead us to the Father.

You do not give up on us even though we give up on ourselves and each other. You were born like us, clothed in human flesh as we all are in the womb except that God, Your Father, in the power of His Holy Spirit overshadowed the Virgin who conceived You, nourished You, and gave birth  to You the Son of God and the Son of Man. You understand our weaknesses, our temptations, our propensity to sin over and over again, our concupiscence, our tendency to forget that we are greater sinners than the ones whom we so readily point our fingers at and condemn. You do not judge us to condemn us but to help us recognize our weaknesses and overcome them. You do not grow tired of our inconstancy, and of the fact that we commit the same sins over and over again despite all our resolutions to sin no more. Instead, You flood our souls with grace when we approach the Sacrament of Reconciliation and through the Holy Eucharist You help us to grow strong again and less prone to committing the same sins as often as in the past. You carry us when we have no strength of our own and You help us to soar on the wings of prayer to the highest heights and encounter the Face of our God.

Psalm 103:1-4, 8 & 10

How blessed I am beloved Bridegroom of my soul, to know You, to love You, to live in You, to be fed and nourished by You and for the constancy of my hope that I shall one day be taken up by You to heaven, there to remain in perfect union and bliss with You eternally.

Thank You for loving me as passionately and as tenderly and compassionately as You do. Thank You for not destroying me as I deserve but for ministering to me with love and helping me along the journey when it gets dark, difficult, and wearisome. Thank You for redeeming me with Your life and for never giving up on me even when I am at my worst. Thank You for helping me each day for taking one more, little step, towards my destiny, my goal, which is life with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit  in the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 11:28:30

My souls beloved, I adore You, I worship You and I love You. Small and puny as my love is, I do love You with constancy. Even though I give in to temptation, You who know all things, know how much I desire never to commit sin but do so over and over again despite my best intentions. Thank You for never giving up on me but for daily teaching me and leading me in the way that leads to life and the path that leads to holiness. Thank You for giving us such a perfect example of humility and meekness and for Your invitation to take Your yoke upon us and to learn from You our Teacher par excellence. Thank You for the rest that You always give me when I come to You. I love You Jesus, my Lord, grant that I may love You always until the last breath I take here earth and receive Your eternal life in heaven.






No comments:

Post a Comment