Friday, December 2, 2016

Isaiah 29:17-24, Psalm 27: 1, 4, 13-14, Matthew 9:27-31

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Behold, our Lord shall come with power;
he will enlighten the eyes of his servants.





Isaiah 29:17-24, Psalm 27: 1, 4, 13-14, Matthew 9:27-31

Isaiah 29:17-24

My soul's beloved, all those who are called by Your Name are attached to the Vine and through a life of grace lived in the Holy Spirit we are fruitful. All who believe will have their ears opened. They will no longer walk in darkness but their path will be illumined by the Light of the world and they will see. All who have used their power to promote sin and evil will be no more. Those who were crushed under the heel of the wicked will walk in freedom and they in turn will be no more. Those who remained steadfast in the midst of persecution will no longer be afraid for the enemy is vanquished by the One who has come like the Dawn. We have received Your Name which is holy and we in turn will walk in holiness and truth. Filled with Your Spirit of grace we will receive wisdom and understanding and joy and peace will be ours as our hope and faith in You is rewarded with eternal life in Your glorious presence. 

Psalm 27: 1, 4, 13-14

My soul's beloved, the psalmist exults today because he knows what it means to lie trustfully against Your breast. To be as a child held close in the strong arms of his father. To know that his father's walks unafraid and with confidence and he is safe. 

My soul's beloved, I exult with the psalmist for I walk unafraid in the freedom of the children of God. You are my light, my salvation, my refuge, my stronghold. I seek You each day in personal prayer, in the Holy Eucharist, in the Adoration Chapel and I am privileged to taste You, receive You, become One with You. I taste heaven while I am still on earth. I approach to consume God and I am consumed by Him for I am nothing and You are infinite. You are all that is good, beautiful, holy, and pure and I become like You for just a while in this amazing Sacrament of Love. What a tremendous joy is mine for I hope and I am sure that my hope will end in perfect rapture when I am called from this life to come into Your glorious Presence and to remain before You in complete and worshipful awe eternally.

Matthew 9:27-31

My soul's beloved, some choose to walk in blindness, unaware that You pass us by each day. But some realize it and cry out to You to have pity, compassion and mercy and grant us sight so we may see. The first step is an acknowledgement of faith in You and once we take take it You will do all that is necessary to ensure that we not only receive our sight but that we will be able to receive all the grace necessary to continue to walk as children of the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment