Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Ephesians 3:2-12, Isaiah 12:2-6, Luke 12:39-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stay awake! 
For you do not know on which day your Lord will come. Mt 22:42, 44

Ephesians 3:2-12, Isaiah 12:2-6, Luke 12:39-48

Ephesians 3:2-12

My soul's beloved, You always do the unexpected, You choose whom You will, Your favor rests on the least, the sinner, the weakest of the weak so none can boast that it was through any merit of theirs that You  entrusted with a great mission. Paul is very clear in his letter to the Ephesians, to the other churches he founded, and to us that it is God who revealed to him the unfathomable mysteries of the Kingdom. It was the Spirit who filled him with knowledge and understanding, and empowered him to speak boldly and with clarity of the nature of the Kingdom and how perceive it and receive it.

Paul, who persecuted the nascent Church more viciously, and strenuously than others was inexplicably chosen by You as he was on the way to persecute, imprison, and destroy the Christians in Damascus. Armed with all the authority of those in command he set out eagerly, with great zeal and single minded purpose to carry out the mission he honestly believed was given to him by God. All you needed to do was make Paul realize that it was not the Christians he persecuted but the Lord Himself. Any blow we strike to the members of Your Body is a blow that is also struck to the Head. This is why we are called to be our brother's and sister's keeper. Treating those that are most vulnerable with greater tenderness and compassion. I too am chosen, in my own little way, to make You known and loved. Thank You for providing the necessary grace and help to do it.

Isaiah 12:2-6

My soul's beloved, from the waters of baptism we are permitted to drink freely from the well of life that leads to salvation. You have saved us and the merits You have obtained for us gives us confidence and hope. No longer do we live in fear because we are slaves to sin, we have been set free through Your passion and death and You have made us partakers of Your Resurrection. We walk with courage in the freedom that comes from being children of the Most High. We will praise You, we will exalt Your Name, we will sing of Your goodness, mercy, and everlasting love. We will make You known and loved as we come to know and love You. Thank You my soul's beloved, for making Your home with us, not only on our altars but also in our hearts. Thank You for the intimacy of Your union with us.

Luke 12:39-48

My soul's beloved, I know that my salvation comes from You. I am aware of what God desires of me as His child since I have been washed in the waters of baptism and I am grafted on to You. I am a member of Your Body, the Church, and I have been made co-heir with You to the Kingdom. With this comes great responsibility for God has entrusted me with the riches that are granted to those whom You have called from darkness to walk in Your marvelous light. I am called to be vigilant always for the Enemy is raging and is on the rampage in the world that refuses acknowledge God or His Son whom He sent to save and redeem it. There are grave consequences to burying our head in the sand and pretending that You do not exist.

You have chosen  us to shine Your Light in an increasingly darkening world. You have poured upon us grace upon grace and gifts to help us carry out our mission. You have empowered us and You tell us very clearly that those to whom much has been given will be held to a greater accountability of their stewardship. Help me to carry out the work that You have allotted to me. Help me to be faithful in carrying out all that You ask of me joyfully and promptly, relying not on myself but on You and Your Spirit. You are always with me and I can safely place my hand in Your Own and follow where You lead and be attentive to Your voice. 








No comments:

Post a Comment