Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ephesians 3:14-21, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, Luke 12:49-53

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I consider all things so much rubbish
that I may gain Christ and be found in him. Phil 3:8-9

Ephesians 3:14-21, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, Luke 12:49-53  

Ephesians 3:14-21

My soul's beloved, this is passage written by Paul I have made my own prayer which I pray daily on my knees before You in the Adoration Chapel. I believe that each time I pray it You answer me and give me all that this prayer implores you to grant me.

Father in heaven, I fall on my knees before You. It is from You that every family in heaven and on earth receives its true name. I ask You Lord, from the wealth of Your glory, to give me power through your Holy Spirit to be strong in my inner self. I pray that You my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may make Your home in my heart through faith. I pray that I may have my roots and foundation in love so that I together with all God's people may have the  power to understand how broad and long, how high and deep is Christ's love. Yes, may I know this love although it can never be fully known and so be filled by the very nature of God.  To you O Holy Spirit who by your power working in me is able to do so much more than I can ever ask for or think of and to God be the glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus, for all time, forever and ever, Amen. 


Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19

My soul's beloved, St. Paul prayer in Ephesians is an echo of this beautiful hymn of thanksgiving and praise to You, O Lord. The entire universe is filled with Your glory and majesty. The earth is filled with all that is good because You created it. Everything that lives gives You praise. The sparrow, and every other living thing praises You and exults in Your loving care. Thank You for grace that enables us to rise above our concupiscence and to strive daily to answer Your call to be holy and perfect as Your Father is holy and perfect for we are His children as You have assured us. 

Your Word, and Your work of salvation are trustworthy and will stand forever. Will encourage all generations and give them a future and a hope that all You have accomplished through the will of the Father in making us co-heirs, are promises made to them as well. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom for once we know You we are awestruck that the Lord God almighty has stooped in unfathomable love and humility, to lay down His very life for us in order to restore what was lost and we dread doing anything to wound You whom our sins wounded unto death on the Cross. Thank You for entering into that death and granting us Your Life . Thank You for delivering us from slavery and leading us freedom as children of God and co-heirs to the Kingdom.

Luke 12:49-53

My soul's beloved, You came to cast the fire of Your Love, the Holy Spirit upon the world and upon all flesh just as the prophet said. It is a cleansing fire that separates those who stand for You and those who stand against You. Within homes there will be those who are prepared to lay down their lives for the sake of the Gospel and those who choose to be slaves to sin and this is what will divide family members. Those who profess their faith in You are a reproach to those who prefer the dark and this is the cause of so much hatred in the world. Christians are hated, despised, persecuted, hunted, imprisoned, murdered, denied their rights, are discriminated against because those who choose to embrace lies find it very uncomfortable to be faced with those who refuse to bow down to fear. But You assure us that in the end the victory You have already won for us will come upon us and fear will be no more only that peace which is beyond all understanding will be ours to savor for it is Your gift to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment