Monday, October 17, 2016

Ephesians 2:1-10, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 12:13-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are the poor in spirit;
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Mt 5:3

Ephesians 2:1-10, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 12:13-21

Ephesians 2:1-10

My soul's beloved, St. Paul is right there was a time in my own life when I was ruled by the spirit of the world, the spirit of the age, the spirit of the culture, the spirit of the flesh. I believed in the wisdom of the world and its law of self indulgence and self will, which sets aside the law of God as archaic and having no place for those enlightened by education. There was no joy in such living except for momentary pleasure which in time can and will grow coarse for there is nothing refined, pure, good, holy, graceful, in debasing ones nature and dragging it through the sewer of licentiousness. 

Thank You for being a God of mercy and compassion and not pitiless, judgmental and hardhearted.  Thank You for looking on me with anguished love and for seeking and finding me who like the lost sheep could not find its way home. Thank You for unmerited grace that loved me even when I was undeserving of love. I am aware of my many sins and how much I have been forgiven and I am grateful to You for saving me from myself.  Thank You for the new life that I have received. Thank You for the immeasurable graces You pour upon me so lavishly, grace which through faith in You has saved me.  While it is true my soul's beloved that I am not saved by my works, lest I become proud, arrogant, self-satisfied, and boastful, but my salvation comes from You, it is God's gift which is given to me freely, unreservedly, and magnanimously. Any good I do is because God desires that I do it, has planned that I do it, and I do it because of grace working in me. 

Thank You my soul's beloved for calling me from darkness and death to live in Your marvelous light.

Psalm 100:1-5

My soul's beloved, I am your creation, the sheep of your flock, I belong ot you more completely than I belong to myself. I rejoice and I am glad of Your possession of me. My heart exults in this possession. My soul overflows with praise and thanksgiving for You picked me up from the mire of sin, You cleansed me, fed me, strengthened me, and restored to my dignity as a child of God. 

Thank You for the magnanimity of Your love that makes me a co-heir with Yourself to the Kingdom of heaven. Thank You for the place that You have merited for me. Thank You for the hope and joy I have of living with You, the Father, the Holy Spirit in the company of the angels and saints forever. Guard my children Lord, keep them and the generation that will follow safe in Your fold that they may all come at last to enjoy the beatific vision forever.

Luke 12:13-21

My soul's beloved, it is so easy to get caught up in the business and the busyness of the world that one loses sight of the things that truly matter to our immortal souls. We spend all our waking hours and ruin our time of rest because we are so concerned about buying, selling, getting, and using if we spent half as much time preparing our souls for the hereafter the world would be a better place. Instead, we are filled with envy and jealousy. We want more for nothing of this earth's possessions can ever satisfy the deeper hunger of our soul. 

Thank You for reminding me that I must store up for myself treasures in heaven where thieves cannot steal nor rust destroy. Keep me on the narrow path, the difficult road, that will take me to where You desire me to be eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment