Saturday, October 15, 2016

Ephesians 1:15-23, Psalm 8:2-7, Luke 12:8-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Feast of St. Teresa of Avila

The spirit of Truth will testify to me, says the Lord,
And you will also testify. Jn 15: 26

Ephesians 1:15-23, Psalm 8:2-7, Luke 12:8-12


Ephesians 1:15-23

My soul's beloved, my Lord Jesus Christ, I wish to thank You this morning for all that the Holy Spirit inspired St. Paul to write concerning those who follow You, receive Your Life, and obey Your command of love. Beginning with Your free gift of faith given to all whom You have chosen to grant it. Thank You my Lord for counting me among Your flock whom You have drawn into Your fold. I thank You for the prayer of the Church that all those who have responded to Your call may grow in wisdom, holiness, and knowledge of God in You who are our Savior and Redeemer through the Holy Spirit who is Your Gift to us. 

You were raised from the dead in a glorious resurrection and because of this we have hope that someday we will share in You life as You shared in our death. Thank You for calling me into this marvelous life of grace granted freely through no merit of my own for I have none. God has placed You on His right and has given You all dominion, authority, power over all things in heaven and on earth, over things seen and unseen. It is His good pleasure that all things are placed under Your nail pierced feet. You are the head of Your Body the Church which was conceived at the foot of the Cross and was born on the day of Pentecost. In You alone is granted salvation to all who believe. Thank You for the gift of faith and for the hope that this faith affords me.

Psalm 8:2-7

My soul's beloved, God our Father has given You rule over all created things as our Lord this is why it is fitting that Your Name is praised and glorified over all the earth in our Sacred Liturgies, through hymns of praise and worship, through all the lives and breathes. We have been created for praise and we have a glorious destiny in heaven where together with the angels and saints we will praise You eternally. 

You created the beautiful world, the heavens and You have given it to us so we may revel in its beauty and give You heartfelt praise and thanksgiving. We deserve nothing and yet in love You give us everything including and above all the total gift of Yourself in the Holy Eucharist so great and marvelous is this gift that even the angels envy us.

Thank You my soul's beloved for counting me among those who know You, love You and serve You.

Luke 12:8-12

My soul's beloved, grant that I may die before I deny You or become too afraid of the world to acknowledge You before others. Not out of fear that You will deny me if I do, but rather because of conviction and faith that make it impossible for me to do so. You have been exceedingly gracious to me even though I am the least deserving of all who belong to You. Keep safe in the shadow of Your love. Continue to bless with Your Holy Spirit so I may be guided by His Wisdom and love in all things so I may grow in knowledge of You and loving You more and more each day. May I never be afraid of what the world may do to my body because I profess You boldly. Teach me to rely wholly on Your Spirit and not on myself for without Him I am truly nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment