Friday, September 9, 2016

1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-27, Psalm 84:3-6, 12, Luke 6:39-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your Word, O Lord, is truth;
Consecrate us in the Truth. Jn 17:17

1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-27, Psalm 84:3-6, 12, Luke 6:39-42


1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-27

 My soul's beloved, St. Paul drives some very important truths home today.  I have been given a vocation to teach and I am called to do my utmost in doing it to the very best of my ability. You have given me all I need to carry out this mission and it is now my responsibility, in all humility, to ensure that I do everything, make use of all the tools available to me, develop and hone my skills and use them well. Above all I need to pray. I need to spend time with You and Your Word. I ought to grow and develop in my own faith only then will I be able to share it with the ones I am called to teach. I can only give what I have. I must expect nothing, no reward. I give freely for I have received freely. Help me Lord. Stay with me. Lead and guide me and above all never ever let me take my vocation for granted or believe that I do not need to prepare everyday. Help me never to get stale for the message of the Good News is alive if I am not able to present it with boldness and conviction then I will be held accountable. Stay with me Lord.

Psalm 84:3-6, 12

My soul's beloved, Your Sacred Heart is my dwelling place. In it I find refuge and strength. Your mighty protection keeps me safe from the fowler's snare.  I hunger and thirst for You and You satisfy every longing of my soul. You satisfy. In You I am complete, I am whole, I need nothing for You possess me completely and I am encompassed by You. I thank You my Lord for this confidence that I have in Your eternal love for me your poor, little speck who is almost nothing. The sparrows know You and desire to stay close to You as they build their nests and place their little ones near Your altar. So too my soul's beloved I place my own little ones close to You. Keep them safe from all evil and bring them at last to the place that You have prepared for them from eternity. And don't forget me too my Lord and my God.

Luke 6:39-42

My soul's beloved, I cannot lead or teach if I am handicapped  and ill equipped if I attempt to do so while I am unprepared then I risk the grave danger of teaching error thus I will jeopardize not only myself but those that are entrusted to me.  Help me not to spend time looking at others with a critical, judgmental and self-righteous spirit rather let me turn the light of truth on myself and correct what is wrong with me. I must follow Your footsteps. I must tread where You have gone. I must train myself to imitate You - this is the work of a lifetime and even then there will be innumerable occasions when I will fall far short of the mark. I need Your grace and Your help. Thank You for all the grace You shower on me through the Sacraments especially that of the Holy Eucharist. Thank You for deigning to become one with me so I can for a while be truly lost in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment