Monday, August 22, 2016

2 Thessalonians 1:1-5, 11-12, Psalm 96:1-5, Matthew 23:13-22

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
 
My sheep hear my voice says the Lord,
I know them and they follow me. Jn. 10:27
 
Memorial of the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary
 
2 Thessalonians 1:1-5, 11-12, Psalm 96:1-5, Matthew 23:13-22
 
2 Thessalonians 1:1-5, 11-12
 
My soul's beloved, may the prayer of the Church for me and for all its members be fulfilled. May You use me my soul's beloved in whatever way You see fit no matter how small. Grant me the gift of true humility so I may see myself as I am and that I may gladly serve wherever and whenever the opportunity presents itself. May Your will for my life be accomplished even to the smallest most minute detail. Help me to grow in faith and in love for God first and then for those around me. May my life glorify You always. Grant me each day grace sufficient to carry out Your will in my life. Stay with me Lord in time so I may live with You in eternity.
 
Psalm 96:1-5
 
My soul's beloved, each time we pray the Angelus we recall that moment in time when God pierced the veil, sending the Angel Gabriel to a Virgin in Nazareth whom He had prepared from the moment of her conception to become Your Mother. This is the most marvelous deed of all, the most awesome, and the one with the greatest repercussions on us for it set into motion the plan to save us. It all hung on a young maiden's yes. The whole world waited in expectant silence along with God. Heaven and earth held its breath as all creation paused for a moment, waiting, hoping, longing, and when she said, "I am the handmaid of the Lord, may it be done to me according to Your Word,"  there was great rejoicing in heaven and God became Man.
 
It is right and fitting that we sing to the Lord a new song; that His praise be ever on our lips. It is right and fitting that the whole world and all that is in it bless His Name. For God announced His salvation and Mary said yes. Great indeed is our God and deserving of all praise for the greatest to the least. Praise You Lord!
 
Matthew 23:13-22
 
My soul's beloved, here You tell the Pharisees, the priests in the temple and the Scribes without mincing words how You abhor hypocrisy of every kind.  It is easy to be sanctimonious and pious without being in the least a person of true faith in God. We bend the law out of shape giving it our own twisted meaning so we can indulge in sin and get away with it. We foolishly believe that we can trick God into believing that we are righteous.
 
We live in a world where lies are tricked out to appear as truth with the use of clever words that muddy the waters and confuse us. But there are many in the world, who with Your help and grace, call out sinners and their hypocrisy and the world hates them. We live in a world where truth is being strangled and all we hear are lies and more lies and many believe it because they are ignorant of God, of You and of the Holy Spirit.
 
Do not abandon us Lord and for the sake of the few save the many.

No comments:

Post a Comment