Saturday, July 23, 2016

Jeremiah 7:1-11, Psalm 84:3-6, 8 & 11, Matthew 13:24-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Humbly welcome the word that has been planted in you 
and is able to save your souls. James 1:21

Jeremiah 7:1-11, Psalm 84:3-6, 8 & 11, 
Matthew 13:24-30


Jeremiah 7:1-11

My soul's beloved, just as the church is a house of prayer so also is my soul the abode of the Holy Spirit and I dare not sin with impunity and take for granted God's willingness to forgive me. You have invited me to be holy and perfect and although I am aware that this is impossible without grace and help poured into my soul through the Sacraments, yet, I have to exercise my will. I must have discipline I cannot claim weakness as an excuse - it is possible to deny myself daily, pick up my cross and follow You if it were not You would not ask it of me.

Jesus, my soul's beloved, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Yours.

Psalm 84:3-6, 8 & 11

My soul's beloved, it is not always possible for us to make our way to a church but You have made our bodies Your dwelling place.We can come into Your Presence within us anytime and there we will find You our Lord and our God.

My soul's beloved, help me never to defile this temple with grave sin. Preserve my soul through the merits You have won for me on the Cross. Pity me Lord for You know how easily I fall I need You to hold me up. I need You to keep Your hand in mine constantly. I need to hear Your Voice whisper in my year, "This is the way, walk in it." Stay with me Lord every moment of every day so I may walk in the path of holiness, perfection and grace.

Matthew 13:24-30

My soul's beloved, in every one of us there is both good and evil this is why our whole life is a battle between the two. St. Paul understood this so well when he said that he longs to do good but does the evil he does not desire to do. But this does not mean that we throw up our hands in the air and admit to being incapable of choosing what is right. The Holy Spirit has been poured into our hearts precisely so we can draw on His strength and grace made readily available us to through prayer and the Sacraments. 

My whole life I will have both the good and the bad within me but with Your help I can overcome my evil tendencies and at the time of judgment, after my life has been spent You will be my Judge. Only You will know how well or how little I tried to allow the good seed to spring up and bear fruit for Your glory. Stay with me. I cannot do it on my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment