Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Jeremiah 1:1, 4-10, Psalm 1-6, 15 & 17, Matthew 13:1-9

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Jeremiah 1:1, 4-10, Psalm 71: 1-6, 15 &17, Matthew 13:1-9

Jeremiah 1:1, 4-10

My soul's beloved, the words spoken to Jeremiah are just as relevant to every baptized  into Your Body, every Christian. We each receive a mission, each of us is called by name God has a plan for our lives from the moment we were conceived in the womb. You know me intimately and You have given me the work of making You known and loved. It is a daily witness of Your influence on my life that is more powerful than anything I say. 

You assure me that You are with me and that I need never be afraid of people who may have the power to destroy my body and nothing else. You assure me of Your powerful protection. No harm can come to me because I belong to You.

Psalm 71:1-6, 15 & 17

My soul's beloved, You are my rock, my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer. I cling to You for You are my support, my foundation and my strength. Deliver me Beloved from my weaknesses, my frailties, my readiness to give up after a halfhearted battle. Without You to help me, without the many graces You make available to me constantly I would not have one single good thought, I would not be able to perform one good action that was pleasing to You.

Continue to show me Your mercy. Continue to keep me rooted in You. Continue to allow Your strength to flow into me and Your Spirit to give me life only then will I be able to do what You ask and act as You will.

Matthew 13:1-9

The seed is the Word of God, Christ is the sower;
all who come to Him will live forever.

My soul's beloved, today we read how You went out and sat by the sea, large crowds gathered on the shore to hear You teach and preach. You got into a boat, sat down and everyone waited eagerly to hear You speak. The sea represents God's infinite love, mercy and compassion. The boat represents the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church You founded on Peter the Rock for it is he who is the foundation and You its cornerstone. All those who hear the Church hear You - they will not be be deceived for it is here alone where the fullness of Truth can be found.

It is up to each of us to ensure that Your Word falls on good soil in order that we can reap a harvest of good things that abound to eternal life.


No comments:

Post a Comment