Sunday, July 24, 2016

Genesis 18:20-32, Psalms 138:1-3, 6-8, Colossians 2:12-14, Luke 11:1-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

You have received a Spirit of adoption,
through which we cry, “Abba, Father.” -Romans 8:15

Genesis 18:20-32, Psalms 138:1-3, 6-8, 
Colossians 2:12-14, Luke 11:1-13

Genesis 18:20-32

My soul's beloved, Abraham persistently begged God not to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah if ten innocent people could be found. In this passage of the Gospel we are taught to be persistent in our prayers of intercession. We are called to have a heart of compassion and empathy. It is not Abraham who is merciful but God who is. He will not only withhold punishment until the guilty repent of their sins but He desires that all men be saved. God will certainly not destroy the innocent with the guilty. More often than not we want vengeance; we want God to swat the wicked like flies; but the Lord teaches us to pray the sinner and to desire that sinners be saved. 


Psalms 138:1-3, 6-8

My soul's beloved, every verse in today's psalm gives me hope. I do believe Lord help my unbelief. Each time I call on You for help You hasten to help me. Forgive me my Lord for my weak faith. I pray with all my heart for healing according to Your Word today. You will strengthen my faith as You give heed to my cry today and answer me. Whatever that answer may be my Lord grant me the grace to accept it for I know that all things work for the good of those who love You.

Colossians 2:12-14

My soul's beloved, today along with so many I am pleading with You to spare the life of one whom I love dearly and who is sick and dying. You remind me that death is not what what we ought to fear but what we should rightly fear is eternal death. But I am weak my soul's beloved. I desire with all my heart that You grant physical healing and restore to good health and length of days to one who is now  prostrate in bed. As You have healed so many I ask this day that once again You stretch out Your hands and heal and bless so that Your minister may rise from his bed and serve You with joy, gratitude and gladness of heart and that we may rejoice in Your goodness and praise You.

Luke 11:1-13


"And I tell you, ask and you will receive;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives;
and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
What father among you would hand his son a snake
when he asks for a fish?
Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the Father in heaven
give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?"


My soul's beloved, I take You at Your Word. I claim Your promises. You have taught me to call Your Father Abba. I turn my gaze to Him. I call Him by that familiar dad.

Abouna, our Father, 

I take Your Son, Jesus, at His Word and with perfect confidence in Your love I ask that You hear my prayer and grant my petition today. I make this prayer in the sweet Name of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment