Sunday, July 10, 2016

Deuteronomy 30:10-14, Psalm 69:14, 17, 30-31, 33-34, 36-37, Colossians 1:15-20, Luke 10:25-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Deuteronomy 30:10-14, Psalm 69:14, 17, 30-31, 33-34, 36-37, 
Colossians 1:15-20, Luke 10:25-37

Deuteronomy 30:10-14

My soul's beloved, once again You remind me that I am called to be faithful to the commandments of God and the the Law of Love which assures me of life and fellowship with You. Even though I have strayed often there is always hope for You do not destroy those who sin but You desire that they return to You with confidence and trust and begin anew.

God sent You, His only Son, His Eternal Word into the world to reveal His love to us. He ransomed us through Your Sacrifice. You willingly paid the debt that was mine. You are not far away and unattainable rather I can speak with You, walk with You, eat Your Body and drink Your Blood and have Your live coursing through me. Your Spirit dwells in me. He is my Guide, my Counsellor and my Helper. You are near me and all I need to do is say, "Yes, Lord, I belong to You and I will live always in perfect obedience to Your will."

Psalm 69:14, 17, 30-31, 33-34, 36-37

My soul's beloved, the world despises those who are needy, but not You. I come to You each morning and pray that You may keep me close to You. I praise You for Your great kindness to me and for answering me each time I call You. You do not weary of me nor of my constant clinging to You because You are kind, loving and compassionate. You do not grow tire of my weaknesses and the same sins that I commit over and over again - rather You pity me and give me all I need to strengthen me and help me to overcome them. I can always trust You to forgive me no matter how many times in a day I fall. Thank You for coming to the aid of the sick, the weary, the lost and the weak. Thank You for Your loving assurance that You came for me. May I never tire of praising You and thanking You for all You have done for me.

Colossians 1:15-20

 My soul's beloved, salvation is possible only through You. This is how the Father desires it. In You His Firstborn, who is the image of the God of Spirit and Truth and who made known to us the Father - in You alone all things live, move and have their being. To You is given all authority and all power in heaven and on earth - there is not power greater than Yours. You are the First, the Last and the Eternal and all things have meaning and purpose through You. You are constantly reconciling all things to the Father. You hold all things together in the Church as its Head. You keep us One with You and with the Father. Your Blood on the Cross will draw all of Creation back to the Source and Giver of Life and when You come again You will triumphantly place before the Father a world redeemed and made perfect by You.

Luke 10:25-37

My soul's beloved, two things are necessary if I am to receive eternal life. The first I must love God with my whole being. I must put God above and before all. I must allow God's will  to rule over mine. The next, I must love all those whose lives touch mine and whose lives I am privileged to touch as must as I love myself. The teacher of the law we are told wanted to justify himself, wanted to know how Your definition of neighbor. We are glad of the question because You knock off all our boundaries and walls with the beautiful parable of the Good Samaritan.

Let us not be surprised and judgmental about the priest and the levite who refused to get involved, how often we ourselves ignore the genuine needs of those around us because of our prejudice, or because of the barriers of social, cultural and ethnic difference that we create. Who is my neighbor? Anyone in need beginning with those closest to me and spreading out until my neighborhood is the whole world. I am called to pour out myself just as You did. You made an oblation of Yourself to the Father. You refused no one. You did not push anyone away. The children, the widow, the orphan, the leper, those who were sick in heart, mind, soul, body and spirit, all those who were possessed by evil spirits - You reached out to everyone, meeting them at the point of their need, and granting them just what they needed to restore them to wholeness in every area of their being. 

You have left me a great example by Your own life, and the lives of holy men and women who imitated You and lived the Gospel. Thank You for the grace received through the Sacraments and the Holy Spirit who helps me also to try and emulate You.






No comments:

Post a Comment