Wednesday, June 1, 2016

2 Timothy1:1-3, 6-12, Psalm 123:1-2, Mark 12:18-27



DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


2 Timothy1:1-3, 6-12, Psalm 123:1-2, Mark 12:18-27


2 Timothy1:1-3, 6-12


My soul’s beloved, St. Paul reminds us that the Law is good so long as it serves its purpose. It is useless to spend hours in fruitless discussions about things that do not matter. Our sole aim must be to focus all our energy on what saves, to make known the Gospel of love which unites us and not sin which places barriers and takes us away from You and cuts us off from Your Body. The Good News is this that You came into the world as one of us in order to reveal to us the love of God, to make the Father known to us and to show us the way to the Kingdom of God which is the way of Love. You have poured out Your Holy Spirit upon us so we will always have divine assistance to help us live the Gospel and teach it to others. Your life that has poured into our hearts keeps us from falling and perishing by the wayside.


Psalm 123:1-2


My soul’s beloved, these two verses teach me how to life each day of my life. My eyes must be lifted up to You who are seated at the right hand of God. Just a good servant who desires to please the master always my attention must be fixed on You so You can direct my way and my will in Your Way and Your will so that the mercy of God may be shown to me always. If I look to You to teach me, inspire me and guide me, if I am always aware of Your Presence encompassing me and imbued in me I shall walk in the Light of Your Truth and Your Word every day of my life for as long as today lasts. For it in this one moment, aware that I am alive I can live it with faith, hope and trust. The future is in Your hands. 


Mark 12:18-27


My soul’s beloved, we can spend our whole lives quibbling about inconsequential things and pretend that we are being learned and wise. What is important is that we live the Gospel of Love and we preach and teach it in word and in deed. What good is it to spend all by waking hours talking about trifles when what is required is that I discern God’s will and do it? Our lives are fleeting, we are like grass here today and gone the next. The time allotted to us is but a span and eternity with You is what we desire. You have created us for Yourself. The Father sent You into the world to bridge the chasm that sin had created and to show us how to journey from this life into the next. Let us not be like the Pharisees and Scribes droning on  and on about nothing and wasting the precious time that has been allotted to us. Let us be concerned about the things that give us life and not about death.

No comments:

Post a Comment