Friday, April 8, 2016

Acts 5:34-42, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13, 14, John 6:1-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 5:34-42, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13, 14, John 6:1-15


Acts 5:34-42

 
My Beloved, sometimes in a sea of insanity one cool voice of reason stands out and so it is with the Pharisee Gamaliel, highly respect by everyone. He proves to the rest that they were acting in haste and in doing so they could be calling upon themselves the wrath of God Himself. Your enemies among the Pharisees and the religious authorities were seething with anger that their dastardly deed of putting You to death was not the end of You as they had hoped but here were Your Apostles – 12 of them on fire with the Holy Spirit and with Your power who preached the Good News with irrefutable wisdom accompanied with signs and wonders. They were incapable of holding back the Peter and the rest even though they were whipped and imprisoned.

Gamaliel said, Leave them alone. If their work is of human origin it will die out if not you may well find yourselves fighting against God and that is never a good idea. You would imagine the Council would have had some fear when they heard this and would let Peter go instead without molesting them any further but they whipped them before they did so. How puzzled and angry they must have been when they saw the Apostils rejoicing that they were considered worthy to suffer disgrace for Your sake. Your enemies continue to be amazed when those who are persecuted for Your Name’s sake accept it with joy and many come to believe the Good News.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13, 14


My Beloved, I thank You for all the promises You make to me in Your Living Word. Truly You are my light and my salvation and I need fear nothing and no one. No harm shall ever come to me for I have been redeemed, I have been purchased with the Pearl of Great Price and now I belong to God completely. Insignificant though I am You my Beloved care for me. This sure knowledge is the source of my comfort, strength and abiding peace and joy. How good You are to me my Beloved! There is no greater joy than to remain in Your Presence at personal prayer, in the Adoration Chapel, before You hidden in the Tabernacle and most especially when we are united in glorious intimacy when I have just received You in the Holy Eucharist.

Thank You my Beloved for the hope that I have in Your promises that we will be together in eternity where I will see You face to face. In the meantime as I make my journey from earth to heaven I will be strong, confident and full of courage for I know the Source of my hope.

John 6:1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment