Sunday, February 7, 2016

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Kings 3:4-13,  Psalm 119:9-14, Mark 6:30-34

1 Kings 3:4-13

My Beloved, God Almighty said to Solomon, “Ask something of Me and I will give it to you.” Of all the things that he could have for and which would most certainly have been granted, he asked for and understanding heart and the ability to judge right from wrong. God was so pleased with his request that He gave him what he asked for and so much more.

My Beloved, I have been given the free gift of faith. I have been privileged to be born into a Catholic home. I was raised in the bosom of the one, true, holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church and You have taught us to look upon God and call Him Father for He desires to share His Fatherhood with all who believe in You. I am Your sister, I am betrothed to You for I am a member of Your Bride the Church which is Your Body. I have received the Holy Spirit in Baptism when I was grafted into Your Body and through the power of the Holy Spirit I receive infinite grace freely given to me through the Sacraments.

I am more richly blessed than Solomon ever was for I receive You my Beloved in the Holy Eucharist and for a while each day I taste eternity when I am in perfect union with You. Thank You Father for so great a Gift, thank You Beloved for desiring to come to me in such awesome and perfect humility hidden in Bread. Thank You Holy Spirit for faith that enables me to believe all that God has revealed to His chosen people through His well beloved Son.

Psalm 119:9-14

My Beloved, teach me always to walk in the way of truth revealed through Your Word in Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the Magisterium. Grant me the grace to choose always that which is true, good, holy, kind and loving. Help me to hold on to all Your promises believing in faith all that You have said.
There are no greater riches and no greater treasure than Your Word may I rely on it always to provide the wisdom I need to choose what is pleasing in Your sight. Grant that I am always be docile to the Holy Spirit living in me allowing Him always to direct my life and my will. Amen.

Mark 6:30-34


My Beloved, today You have invited me along with my fellow catechists to come away from the world to a deserted place where You can teach us many things during this day long retreat. The world can get too much for us and we can get too saturated by the constant distractions that draws us away from the things that are needed to be anchored to You. Pray, meditation on the Word, reading of Scripture and other spiritual books and necessary if we are to grow in faith and in wisdom. Thank You for the church here that makes constant provision for our spiritual nourishment. Keep me open this day Lord as You anoint the Retreat Master and all who will be present so that we may come away refreshed, renewed, rejuvenated and strengthened to make a holy and fruitful Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment